cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving EE - should I get an email or anything?

Daveyboy123
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Good afternoon,

I have decided to leave EE and go to another provider. It says I do not need to contact existing provider (EE) as all this is done by the new company. 
however, a few days has passed since I was given my go live date but not had any emails from EE to confirm me leaving etc. does this happen? Or will I only receive something on or just after the go live date? 

reason I ask is that when I moved a couple of years ago from sky to EE, within a few hours, I received an email from sky confirming they had received request to transfer internet to EE and that I would receive final bill shortly after transferring over. 
do EE not do this just to confirm to customer that they have received request to transfer over to new company etc?

thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Daveyboy123   are you changing for a like for like service via an Openreach line, or are you upgrading or moving to a non Openreach fibre service?

If like for like, then yes EE should send out a letter saying someone is taking over your service, but the other way they will have no way of knowing so you will need to give them notice to cancel.

Daveyboy123
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Mustrum @Hi, yes it’s like for like. We don’t have FTTP where I am so just usual fibre which is what I have with EE as well. 

I’ve not received any email through. Should I receive an email or will I get a letter? Just worried that I haven’t received anything yet. I started the process on Wednesday so only 3 days ago but go live date is 4/10/23. 

@Daveyboy123  as it happens I was going to move a couple of months ago, but then changed my mind and have stayed with EE. I did not get an email, but did get a letter - but three or four weeks after I had signed elsewhere!

If you are concerned you could give EE a call and just ask if they have a note that you are leaving - but do not ask them to cancel otherwise you run the risk of messing up your move.

Do you still have a phone service?

Daveyboy123
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Mustrum thanks for your response. 

ah ok. That seems to make sense then as from what I’ve read, they will calculate after switch date etc so assume I’ll receive letter. New company state on website that you do not need to contact the existing company as they will sort it all out and arrange for transfer to occur so think I’ll leave it to them to sort. I did read on the EE site somewhere that if you don’t receive a final bill or charges remain a month or so after switch then to contact them but otherwise would seem there is no need to. 
I didn’t have a phone service with EE as it was offered as broadband without phone.