cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been fooled by EE

Sweeton
Explorer

we went in to EE and brought their EE smart hub on the 29th of December 2023. We were exited and waiting for it. A couple of days passed and there was no sign of it. Later we got to know that it will start on the 16th of Jan 2024 and we will receive the broadband before that. We received the broadband and all the cables were connected and we were waiting for the broadband connection to start. On 16th to our disappointment it did not start we tried upon calling the customer services we found out that there is some issue and they booked us an appointment with open reach for the 16th of Jan 2024. I requested them desperately that we need WiFi connection because we do not have WiFi at the moment and today I received an email from EE saying “sorry you are leaving EE” when I never tried to cancel my services or leave. This is very disappointing and I don’t know why this is happening. 

IMG_2258.jpeg

IMG_2259.png

4 REPLIES 4
nothingaboutme0
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Hi there,

I understand your frustration. To resolve this:

1. Contact EE Customer Service for an update.
  2. Inquire about the "Leaving EE" email.
  3. Keep records of your interactions.
  4. Be patient and persistent.

We're here as EE customers to support each other.

Hii…. I have tried all this but EE doesn’t see to care

Could you please elaborate on why you feel that 'EE doesn't seem to care'? I'm curious to understand what specific interactions or responses from EE have led you to this conclusion. 🙂

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sweeton Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see there has been a delay activating your broadband, due to the nature in which broadband is provided, faults can occur which require an engineer visit to resolve.  

The sorry to see you go message means that we've received a request from another provider to take over the broadband service. If you call the number on the email you will be put through to a guide who will be able to cancel the takeover if it's not something you have requested. 

Thanks

Neil