cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move broadband delays ?

Kazzz1
Investigator
Investigator

Has anybody else had a nightmare with EE House move ? I've been told numerous dates , each date came and went with no broadband and now they are blaming open reach and are unable to give me any switch date ??

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Kazzz1   there can be many reason why house moves get delayed, not least the previous occupiers asking their suppliers to cease their service, meaning a new order cannot be placed until the cease completes. In may cases this can be up to 30 days.

So much will depend on how long the property has been empty, if you have ordered a product that is readily available in your new property, how much notice and so on.

Openreach are the company that deliver services to the property, so the key is why Openreach are not able to deliver the service.

If you want to share some of that information people on this community may be able to help.

It's nothing to do with previous occupier,  I was assured my broadband would go live and it hasn't I rang last week and they said it was a huge uk wide issue that all customers are experiencing due to open reach not sorting orders,  the last ee advisor I spoke to said it would be live on Tuesday I called on Tuesday and was told I was one of thousands of customers with the same issue so I'd like to see how many people are really having this problem, my issue is I live in a remote rural area and can hardly get 3g or use the Internet . I have unlimited 4g on my phone contract anyway so not much help offered by EE  . The fact that they can't even give me a time frame is ridiculous?

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kazzz1 

Our broadband team will be working to get it installed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience so far, if you would like to discuss this further, I recommend speaking to our Broadband Care team again.

Chris