cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the new 1.6gb service connected - max speed 900mb..

Zilos
Investigator
Investigator

Hey all - 

After a complete nightmare getting the service up and running (they initially created the account as 900MB, had to cancel that account and are now trying to bill me for £1300), I finally have it running.

Imagine my surprise when the max speed is 900mb, exactly what I was paying for before - only now I pay more.

I called the EE team, they told me the SmartHub is rated for 1gb only - he even confirmed it in an email.

I'd appreciate any help on what I can do here.. very close to an Ofcom complaint. 

Can I replace the SmartHub with a router of my choosing? Will this even work? If it does, I guess that's a partial solution however EE should float that bill - not me!

Any help appreciated,
Nick

12 REPLIES 12
Zilos
Investigator
Investigator

Hey - I just had the new 1.6gb installed. They told me their SmartHub is rated for 1gb only. (1gb ports..)

Does this mean I can buy a router myself and replace the SmartHub? There won't be any issue doing this, the service isn't tied to EE router?

Any help appreciated..

Zilos
Investigator
Investigator

I have the new 1.6gb service - being told the SmartHub ports are rated for 1GB only.. do I need to buy a new router does anyone know? Why do I have to float this cost when EE promised 1.6gb? This is dodgy territory and bordering on a scam as I'm not getting what I was promised.

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Zilos  correct you can use your own router.

The one proviso, that you don't have EE's Digital Voice.

Thank you @Mustrum - that's really helpful.

One more question if that's OK.. Do I need to buy a whole new router, can I just buy a switch? The routers with 2.5gb ports seem quite expensive!

miggle
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

The connection is rated for 1.6gb. The ethernet ports in the standard hub are 1gb. You can saturate the WiFi to 1.6gb . If you want to go faster you need to use a 3rd party router. You can replace it of any router of your choosing. I chose the Asus gt-axe16000, which can handle multi-gigabit connections. But you can pick whatever you want. Just plug it straight into the ONT.

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.

A switch won't help. It's still limited by the 1 Gig LAN ports on the SH+.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Zilos   Not sure a switch will do you much good, the connection needs to authenticate via PPOE, although the Username is just the generic BT one.

Appreciate that @miggle  - thank you for the reply.

Feels weird I have to supply my own router and pay out of pocket.. does EE or BT not offer any 2.5gb port routers?

garetc
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Yep, there’s only one 2.5Gbps port which you have to use to plug the ONT into the rest are only 1Gbps. 

To really take advantage of the 1.6Gbps connection you need a WiFi 6E or 7 and/or or a router with multiple 2.5Gbps ports, your devices will need to be compatible with the router standards too.

Before my connection started to play up I was getting 1.3Gbps over WiFi using the EE router which is the best I’ve seen on the various routers I’ve tested but I was in the same room and next to the router. 

Technically their WiFi 6 device is rated up to 1.6Gbps but in reality that’s unlikely to be achieved so it’s not mis-selling. 

EE have said they want to be the first operator to launch a WiFi 7 device