cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre 900 very slow speed.

TuckerUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Anyone having issues on the FF 900 package. Currently getting 69Mbps download. Restarted the Smart Hub Plus through the app and restarted the ONT. Only knew something was wrong as my son was complaining about lag and bandwidth upstairs. 

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for replying to my private message @TuckerUK

I am really pleased that your broadband speed is looking much better now. I'll go ahead and close this off from my side.  If you need help or have a question in future, feel free to come back on as you're more than welcome 🙂

Take care

Robbie

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Robbie-Mac

Hi @TuckerUK

Welcome to the EE Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband speed.  There are many factors that can affect your home broadband speed and Wi-fi.  Have a look at the following and post back to let me know how you get on: What affects your home broadband speed and wi-fi?

Thanks,

Robbie

TuckerUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Robbie-Mac 

Back to normal this morning thankfully, but surely only getting 74 mbps to the hub from the ONT from the app test showed that the problem was with EE. The speeds was the same over Ethernet and Wi-Fi. Only three devices were online on my home network were in the picture. This has happened a couple of times in the evening's lately. I’m supposed to be getting 900mbps but for some reasons at time I’m only getting around 100Mbps. 

Paddy-B

Hi @TuckerUK,

Thank you for replying. I'm sorry if you've seen the speed drop that low. This shouldn't happen on Fibre 900 but it could be congestion on the network. Have you noticed that the slowdown happens around the same time each evening?  Are all devices affected?

If you send me your details I can take a look at the network and run a few checks.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team. 

Thanks,

Paddy

TuckerUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It’s strange as tonight it’s completely normal. But like I said last night and Monday this week and I remember a day last week as well, was below 100 mbps. I didn’t think much of it on Monday as only noticed late on in bed after coming home. But Wednesday night my son was complaining loads around 8:30pm ish. 

Speeds fine this morning 11 hours ago. 

IMG_0126.jpeg

This evening all seems ok it’s strange as it comes and goes. 

IMG_0127.jpeg

IMG_0128.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpeg

I’ve replied to your message thank you. 

Robbie-Mac

Good morning @TuckerUK

I have picked up your message and I tried calling.  Sorry I wasn't able to reach you.

I have messaged you privately a few minutes ago.  Drop me a reply whenever you have a moment please 🙂

Thanks,

Robbie

Robbie-Mac

Thank you for replying to my private message @TuckerUK

I am really pleased that your broadband speed is looking much better now. I'll go ahead and close this off from my side.  If you need help or have a question in future, feel free to come back on as you're more than welcome 🙂

Take care

Robbie

I was made aware of exactly the same issue by my Gaming son. I have reset both the router and modem having done Speedchecks where I was getting 900 in living room on wifi 450 and 400 in the front bedrooms but some 12 feet away in the back bedrooms it was down to 30mbs. Where as in those same bedrooms I had been receiving over 700 in the back bedrooms and over 800 in the front. I can't believe there has been such a drop off in speed over distance since the first months we had 900 installed. Looked at trying to source an EE extender but apparently its not available to me. Does seem very strange and a bit contrived given all the WiFi Enhance plugging going on!