cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing orange smarthub light

A5hl3y
Investigator
Investigator

My smarthub light has been flashing orange for about 1 hour now. I’ve tried restarting the router after switching it off waiting for 5 mins then restarting it but the orange light reappears and starts flashing again. Please help as the help desk is closed!

10 REPLIES 10
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@A5hl3y   

How about your phone line, is that working?

You could report a fault, following the advice on the Help Pages.

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/broadband-landline 

Hi Mustrum I don’t have a landline so I wouldn't know how to check it I’m afraid. I’ll see if I can make sense of the link you have kindly sent. Thank you so much

Hi again. The tech bit cannot reset the router remotely. I’ve tried again to switch it off and on again but the same orange light appears flashing after making a click sound about 30 seconds after restart. The guide isn’t of any use. Nothing has been changed or moved its simply clicked off and flashing orange?

Tech bot. Not tech bit! Silly predictive text lol!

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@A5hl3y  I guess there is not a lot more you can do now, alas faults do happen, give the Broadband Care Team a call in the morning if it is still the same.

It is a Bank Holiday, so may take a day or three to get it fixed.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Have you just joined EE BB or were you already with EE BB? 

Are you able to login to it? What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings > Broadband > Internet page?

Obscure your names & any digits in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the (Broadband) IP address. This might tell us at which stage EE have got to.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
HBlowfield
Explorer

I am having the same issue 

@HBlowfield   just follow the advice above - what are the results?

I was dumb and was not plugging it into the open reach ONT