Smart Hub Plus

davidharron
Investigator
Investigator

Does anyone know if the new Smart Hub Plus is available for existing customers? I read an article which said new customers are being supplied with the new routers. As a FTTP customer on 900mb my current Smart Hub cannot deliver the full 110 mb upload speed and is capped at 50mb due to a bug in the router. A similar problem to the BT smart hub 2.

9 REPLIES 9
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@davidharron   as a FTTP customer yu should have the white smart router, not the smart hub, which is black.

Also the Smart Router have a firmware upgrade available to help you get the full upload speeds over ethernet.

The newer Smart Router 23 I believe also comes with WiFi6 to help you get higher WiFi speeds.

Were it me, I would be getting in tough with the Broadband Care Team to at the least veg the firmware updated.

Either will do for FTTP. The incorporated modem is irrelevant.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@davidharron - not sure this will be a bug in the router per se, more likely to be a router configuration parameter that needs updating remotely (something I'd have thought support would be able to help you with).

To address the question you asked, I believe the answer is 'not yet'.

It has been confirmed as a bug and one that customer support are aware of with the White Smart Router.

Using an Eero Pro 6 I get the full 110 mbs upload speed so definitely an issue with the EE Smart Router.

It is the white Smart Router that has the bug. It has been confirmed by customer services

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@davidharron - have you had it confirmed that your hub is running the latest firmware? I find it hard to believe that all hubs would be affected by such a significant issue. Assume you've also carried out a factory reset at some point?

Arthos
Explorer

I’ve just got router in post to fit Monday. It’s white.

how can I tell if it is the Plus ?

im getting the 500 speed 

IMG_4087.jpeg

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Arthos   I beleive that is a Smart Router, the newer ones are black according to this Help Page:

https://ee.co.uk/help/broadband/manage-use/manage-your-ee-hub 

You could look at the label on the back, or log into it and it will tell you on the GUI.

Thank you 👍
Sent from my iPhone