cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero Pro 6E mesh Wi-Fi 6E router system and EE Full Fibre Gigabit essentials 900

cgoodman2525
Explorer

Hi everyone, I'm considering leaving Sky to switch to EE on their Full Fibre Gigabit Essentials 900 plan. I

want to buy some Eros (Eero Pro 6E) to set up a home network but I find it really confusing to understand if EE would support this and not limit the Eero mesh system, and or make it so hard to combine.

1. In short, are they compatible, is it a nightmare to set up?
  2. Can a tech novice do it?
  3. Can I do away with the EE  Smart Hub Plus and connect the  Eero Pro 6E directly to the ONT, or fibre box directly?

I think this would really help anyone looking to switch. Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor
  1. Yes, they are compatible. Can't speak for ease of setup as I've never personally attempted it.
  2. As above.
  3. Yes, you can do away with the EE hub. You would need to configure the Eero in PPPoE mode with an ethernet cable run between the WAN port of the Eero and the LAN port of the Openreach ONT. The PPP username and password you require are detailed here.
wgwright
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Very simple to set up.

Worth noting though if you are moving to EE as a new customer with 900mbps FTTP. Then you would be getting the new EE Smarthub plus rather than the older Smarthub 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @cgoodman2525 

My network is eero pro 6E (2 units) and it is very simple to set up on the eero app.  (One of them is my router, i'm not on EE)

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Walace
Visitor

I have a similar query. I currently use the Eero Pro 6E with a Virgin router in modem only mode. All the Eeros are connected by Ethernet for a gigabit wired backhaul with a switch between the gateway and everything else. I’m thinking of moving to EE, mainly as I can benefit from a 1.6Gb connection.

I’m wondering how best to set this up as although the gateway Eero could use the 2.5Gb port, if I keep the wired backhaul I’d be limiting myself to 1Gb as the ‘output’ port is limited to gigabit to the other Eeros.

- Should I move to a wireless backhaul?

- Would it make sense to stick to a 900Mb connection with EE?

- Could I use the EE router in some clever way to work around this? Or use PPPoE to the Eero in a similar way?

Any help/thoughts on this would be appreciated.