cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE mistake they refuse to rectify

Profile closed
Not applicable

I apologise in advance for a long post...

We have 2 lines at our home. One of the lines we recently (4th Aug) switched to talk talk, the other is with sky and we wanted to  switch the SKY one to EE.

I spoke to EE well before the switch and gave them the telephone number I wanted switching to them so there was no mistake. Today the switch should have happened.

Apparently instead of switching the SKY line to EE they have (or openreach) have created a new profile at the exchange meaning we now have 3 lines to the property. The also connected the TALK TALK line to this new profile therefore this line is connected to EE where it should have been the sky line.

Neither sky nor talk talk are aware that EE was taking over either line hence the creation of effectively a new line without an actual connection to our property. All the engineer did it seems, was to disconnect the talk talk line and connect it to this new profile.

I was so appalled at the incompetence of EE that I said I wanted to cancel the migration so can you please put it back as it was. They refused as they said there would be no account to action the work against even though it's their fault. Talk talk are refusing to do it as (obviously) it's not their fault.

Incidentally the talk talk line is a welfare line as the person using it is a very vulnerable elderly man with Alzheimer's and has medical equipment that relies on the phone.

I am now left in limbo as I have no talk talk line, no EE line yet 3 lines are reported to be connected to our property.
EE's reply was talk talk will have to take over the line, talk talk's response was get EE to put the wires back.

Can someone please help.

49 REPLIES 49
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Did the TT line have a phone no., like the Sky 1 had?

Does the new line have a phone no.?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Profile closed
Not applicable

Yes they both have. Talk talk have done a test and obviously it failed but as far as they are concerned it's a fault, in actuality it's a mistake created by EE.

At the moment the TT line has no wires going to it as the engineer has connected them to the new profile.

As you gave EE the Sky line's phone no. they had no reason to mix it up with the TT phone no. It's down to EE to correct their mistake.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Profile closed
Not applicable

You would think, but as I said they are refusing due to the fact there is no account to action the rectification against.

So much for a 14 day cooling off period.

Thanks for replying and offering help but I fear nothing will be actioned from either party. In the meantime I have to move into the annexe where the elderly person lives in case of an emergency.

@Profile closed   This really is something EE should sort out.

Just to get a little more info, how did you start the process - on line or call up?

And do you have documentation to support the issues you have had?

Have you raised a complaint? See https://ee.co.uk/home-broadband-complaint 

Are you getting through to the technical people from the Broadband Care Team? Unfortunately they don't post on here, but there are people who can and will help advise you to get this sorted, although it may take a while.

Profile closed
Not applicable

I started it online but decided that I had better ring EE to try and make sure that it was the correct phone line that was taken over and the person I spoke to completed the process over the phone.

I have been speaking to technical all day. A phone call that lasted 2 hours and emails right up until 8pm tonight. I will not mention his name but has a double barrelled surname if that helps. His final email message basically stated that without an account (as I cancelled in frustration) there is nothing they can do and talk talk would have to seize the line back which TT obviously refused to do.  Which actually isn't true as EE have not taken over any existing phone line as I asked them but created a new one and taken the wires out of the TT profile and stuck them in theirs.

Not raised a complaint yet as I didn't know the route until now but will certainly do so now.

Nobody seems to want to own this problem and has left me with a bitter taste with EE.

Profile closed
Not applicable

When I try that link I get this (Sorry for the copy and paste)..

"Thanks for getting in touch with us recently - we're always happy to help.

We can now confirm that your complaint case has been closed.

For information on the process we follow to resolve your complaint please visit our Complaints Code of Practice."

See what I mean? I'm getting nowhere.

Profile closed
Not applicable

I am not giving up and thanks for your help.

I read all those and searched all day right up till this minute and got nowhere.

In desperation I have made a complaint to ISPA but again this can take 5 days and I'm not convinced it will make any difference.

In the meantime EE have left a very vulnerable adult in imminent danger and for that I will never forgive them.