cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Broadband APP WifI Controls not working

Mart30
Explorer

I have recently signed up to EE Broadband.   My broadband is working fine, however the APP WiFi controls feature and the Wifi enhancer are not available on the app or via the website.   An error message appears and states it is a problem with EE.  I  have spoken with the technical team at EE on two occasions and they have recommended i reinstall the APP and restart the router.  I have now done this many times and the APP features are still not working.   This is very very VERY frustrating!    I am going in circles with the EE technical team and it is not clear how or if this will be resolved.  EE is not living up to expectations.  If there is an issue, i would prefer EE acknowledge the fault and advise when it will be fixed rather than directing me to do the same thing over and over again (i.e reinstall the app).   Can anybody help?   Is this new feature just a myth?

218 REPLIES 218
Swordfishradio
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have noticed for those that went over from BT, if you already had an EE account and tried to use that one, it fails. I then tried to use my 2nd EE account, provided by BT when I migrated and that seems to be much more successful. 

Seems like this is account related.

Still fails on my existing (but linked to the 2nd EE account).

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I think you are spot on with this. Basically I already had EE ID for my mobiles and when I moved from BT they created a new one for broadband. Stupid me asked them to merge the two and since then although I can see my broadband and mobiles under one login I can’t see WiFi controls as it says I’m not at home 😂

But EE don't seem to follow up!!! Agree with previous post, BT/EE should at
least be discounting charges for old BT customers until they fix
the problem. Most of us have been loyal BT customers for years and it was
implied that we were being moved to a workable new EE set up.... not one
where we'd have to spend months chasing EE/BT to fix problems ☹️

Alan

I wonder what went wrong with my account, as i was with ee for Internet anyway... the newer hub came with upgraded mobile package (unlimited data)

KJCook
Contributor
Contributor

Still not working correctly for me despite well meaning support from 3 guides in Newcastle. Sent a new hub (not likely to be hardware) and it came with old firmware.

After setting up a new hub up with a different SSID, on the Wifi Controls page 77old devices appeared as offline. This tells me that they are storing these details on our accounts - I don’t want them to! These are my local devices and a well designed app would store that info locally. It probably accounts for why every Wifi Contols tab takes forever to load. Online data storage \ cache could also be the cause of the ‘You’re not on your home network’ nonsense.

For info, after logging a complaint 6 weeks ago I was credited £100 on my account while ‘ they get it working’. At some point I will have to decide if I want to pay £75 per month for the speed while using my own equipment.

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m just getting weekly texts at the moment with pretty much ‘No update’ and we are still working on your case. I mean sure as hell someone has been working 6 months and done absolutely nothing 😂 I’m using my permission to cancel tomorrow. Enough is enough.

BennyB0Y
Contributor
Contributor

Ok..... My WiFi Controls in the app are now finally WORKING. I decided to stick it out with EE. Because I felt this would not be an "overnight" fix. Also they've been pretty stable with our Internet and Broadband services for a long time (over 7 years), until this long term problem episode. Yes..... This problem has been running on for a long while, but I offered for them (EE) to call me whenever they wanted to try checking if changes they made along the way lead to a solution. Apparently an update on their backend of the system was carried out (around 15th /16th April 2024 or so) which was set to clear the issue of the WiFi controls problem in the app. I got the call from EE/BT Tech on 16th April and I decided on my Android system to "Force Stop" and "Clear Data" for the app, AFTER the said change on their system backend. Issue with viewing things under "Manage" Broadband was resolved roughly a month ago. So far things have been fine.

DandreaFamilyEE
Visitor

I moved to EE about a month ago and I am having this same problem. WiFi enhancer is just not in my app! I can see devices and do some parental controls but cannot see anything to boost for work or gaming.

What is worse is I try to message through the app and it says there is a technical issue and i should call.

EE help me please 

@DandreaFamilyEE : Are you on EE's 1.6 Gig Busiest Home Bundle? WiFi Enhancer is included only on that.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)