cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital voice disconnects

Neil_F
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Following on from all the problems I've found my phone service is dropping out on calls. One neighbour just called and we were disconnected twice!

Never experienced problems before. Landline to landline call.

No idea what's causing it. Any ideas?

13 REPLIES 13
Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Neil_F,

Thank you for posting. Have you noticed if the dropouts are happening on both outgoing and incoming calls?

Thanks,

Paddy

Hi and thx for the reply.

I've only used it for incoming calls as I have elderly friends and neighbours and family who ring me for help and assistance. 

I've had to re-register to get on the forum just now! Another oddity. 

Paddy-B

Hi @Neil_F1,

Thank you for posting back. What type of phone are you using and how is it connected to your hub? If you haven't tried already, please could you try another handset. This will help to rule out an issue with the phone itself. 

Thanks,

Paddy

Thanks Paddy for responding.  3 calls this morning and all dropped out. I never had this problem before digital voice.

I have BT4000 twin

No other phone to test. 

Thanks, Neil

David-M

Thanks for the reply @Neil_F1 

Do the hub lights change when the calls drop?

Cheers

David

Interestingly I kept my eye on the hub but didn't spot light dropping out. Phone connected to hub too.

David-M

Hi @Neil_F1 

Can you check if your neighbours line is working ok? Are you able to call over the check?

Cheers

David

Yes they are ok as luckily haven't migrated to DV

Neighbour called earlier and got disconnected twice. Simply not acceptable.  How do I raise a digital voice fault?