cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DECT IP Phones with BT SmartHub 3

ProfileTech
Explorer

I have recently returned (as an EE Business customer) to BT as my broadband supplier After a brief flirtation with another supplier (who I won't name) I called EE to sign up to UltraFast Broadband because the router supplied by the alternative supplier was absolutely useless - kept dropping the line appalling range etc.

The new service (ordered through EE but supplied and billed by BT) comes with a nice new SmartHub 3 - excellent piece of kit - reliable, fantastic range etc. BUT the only choice of DECT IP phone system that is offered by BT is  the Yealink system. As soon as you open the box  you just know it's cheap, mass-produced electronics. The thin plastic covers, lightweight handsets and  indecisive buttons on the handsets scream poor quality.

Sure enough two days in and the first handset failed locking up completely and also locking out the other handsets. I am about to put them all back in their boxes and send them back....

My problem is... Is there another DECT IP phone system that is compatible with the SmartHub 3? BT were less than helpful saying there might be problems configuring a third-party product with the hub - but surely BT didn't design the hub so it ONLY works with BT supplied phones??? I think the regulators might have something to say about that if they did.

Does anyone know of a compatible, quality system???

2 REPLIES 2
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ProfileTech This community is for residential customers, you're query would be best answered over on the Small Business - The EE Community

Thanks

Neil

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's really a matter of either:

1. Plugging any DECT base station, of which there are millions of models, into the router or adapter phone socket & connecting multi slave handsets to the base station over GAP, OR
  2. Connecting a DECT IP slave handset, of which there only seem to be 2 compatible suppliers in UK, BT & Yealink to get full functionality, to the base station in the router over GAP.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)