Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact with DLNA Server not working since change to EE Smart Router

Tomfromsurrey
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have recently changed from EE 4g Broadband on  TP-Link AC750 4g router to EE Fibre using an EE Smart Router. 
I have a Panasonic DMR-HWT130 Freeview Recorder and 2 Panasonic TVs connected to the router on CAT5 network cabling.
Since changing the router I cannot access the DLNA server on the Freeview box to watch recordings, or my PC, on either TV.

Broadband/Internet is accessible from the Freeview recorder and from the TVs but not the DLNA server on the Freeview recorder. The message is Server Not Found on the TVs.

I am guessing that the Smart Router is the problem. The router shows all the devices as connected and there are no IP address clashes. 
I have spoken to EE executive complaints (excellent service) and they have spoken to 3 people in the Technical  department with no joy.

can anyone throw light on the problem?

The Panasonic TVs are TX-L32D26BA

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So, I rewired the cat5 network cables, removed them from the router and connected them all to a network switch/hub. Connected the switch to the router and it all started working. 
All rather strange as everything was connecting to the router and internet.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Tomfromsurrey
Contributor
Contributor

I posted this in the form but not had a response.

Contact with DLNA Server not working since change to EE Smart Router

an email from the EE Community said, If you didn't find the perfect answer, please post a comment to let us know. It's likely that other customers, such as our Community Stars, will help you out. If they can't help, a member of the EE Community Team will.

I haven’t had a reply so is there anything that can be done to assist with the problem please?

Regards Martin Tomlinson

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Tomfromsurrey   how is the network set up on your PC?

Private or Public? And have you made it discoverable?

This isn’t related to a pc or laptop. It’s an EE Smart Router, a Freeview recorder and 2 TVs.

The TVs Cannot connect with the DLNA Server in the Freeview box since replacing the 4g router with the EE Router on the landline.

No settings have be changed on the router except login and Wi-Fi passwords.No settings on the TV and Freeview box have been changed. TVs and Freeview box  can all communicate with the internet , but no communication to the DLNA Server,

NOTE, Iit all worked fine until the router was replaced on 25th July.

Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Does the router have mDNS enabled? this will allow discovery of the server from the TV's

Tomfromsurrey
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the mDNS setting on the new EE Smart Router.?

I have looked at all the settings

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

How are the TV's configured to locate the DNLA server? Is there any config there that might be caching/pointing to an old internal IP? Is there anything on the TV that can be deleted so you can attempt to locate the DNLA server afresh?

There is no Multicast DNS setting on EE Smart Routers.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Shouldn't really need a setting @Tomfromsurrey. I have a tonne of Google Cast devices (which I understand to use mDNS), and no problem with discovery where they are concerned.

So, I rewired the cat5 network cables, removed them from the router and connected them all to a network switch/hub. Connected the switch to the router and it all started working. 
All rather strange as everything was connecting to the router and internet.

Thanks for all the suggestions.