Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact with DLNA Server not working since change to EE Smart Router

Tomfromsurrey
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have recently changed from EE 4g Broadband on  TP-Link AC750 4g router to EE Fibre using an EE Smart Router. 
I have a Panasonic DMR-HWT130 Freeview Recorder and 2 Panasonic TVs connected to the router on CAT5 network cabling.
Since changing the router I cannot access the DLNA server on the Freeview box to watch recordings, or my PC, on either TV.

Broadband/Internet is accessible from the Freeview recorder and from the TVs but not the DLNA server on the Freeview recorder. The message is Server Not Found on the TVs.

I am guessing that the Smart Router is the problem. The router shows all the devices as connected and there are no IP address clashes. 
I have spoken to EE executive complaints (excellent service) and they have spoken to 3 people in the Technical  department with no joy.

can anyone throw light on the problem?

The Panasonic TVs are TX-L32D26BA

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Tomfromsurrey
Contributor
Contributor

Whoops, not quite fixed. As soon as I switched off the home PC communication to the media server ceased. It all works ok until the pc is turned off so the TVs are not communicating with the media server in the Freeview box but do communicate with the media server in the pc. I will investigate more.