cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete loss of network

Pea76
Investigator
Investigator

Today I called EE with problems with my network router working that was checked but we still can’t find our network to join all our devices we have tried every thing Lights are aqua blue but every time we search nothing we have reset the router all checks done now sat waiting for engineer on Friday it’s like we have vanished from the Ee network help plz anyone else having this trouble …..

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pea76 : Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Have you just joined EE BB or were you already with EE BB? How long has this been happening?

If the the router light is steady Aqua you have a good BB connection. It sounds as tho' you are just having trouble connecting your devices to the router. An eng. won't help that for free. Are all your devices connecting by WiFi or are some Ethernet'ed?

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings > Broadband > Internet page?

Obscure your names & any digits in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the (Broadband) IP address. This might tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

Does the landline phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

We can’t log on to any thing there is no network at all showing we have dial tone it started at 11am this morning ee did all the checks but they don’t know why we can’t connect we have tried typing in login from scratch and it says no no network found 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I asked you a no. of Qs. I think you only answered 1 of them. We can't really help you w/out much more info.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

i did I can’t log on to something that isn’t there we have nothing no network it won’t let us find network won’t let us even join our network we have nothing to log on too it’s like it’s vanished when I type in our router info it comes back nothing found 

Don't you have a device, like a PC, connected by Ethernet to the router?

ok even with pc to Ethernet cable it will not find our network no network there at all nothing like I said it’s saying network can’t be found honeslty we have tried everything 

I have the exact same problem. 

- 3 months with EE Broadband

- smarthub router - solid aqua light

- no wifi connection

- no Ethernet connection

therefor can’t connect to router to check anything. Windows says there’s no connection. Have tried different Ethernet cables too. EE line test says router is connected and working fine. Have tried with laptop, desktop, iPhone and iPad. No devices can get connected via Ethernet or via wifi. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @trKEVig

Do we have any signal issues showing on the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker, for your area?

Thanks. 

Leanne.

@Leanne_T : This is EE Home BB, that is EE's mobile network.

@trKEVig : If it is a neighbourhood issue, you could consult BT Service Status to see if any faults are being attended to in your local area. However solid Aqua light indicates you are getting a complete BB connection.