cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view Smart WiFi on App as going through VPN

GrumpyOldGoth
Explorer

I recently switched to EE and replaced my BT equipment (router and smart discs) to EE Smart Hub and Smart home discs. When I try and view my Smart Network via the App (to see what is connected to which disc, and how they are running), I am told the app cannot show them because I am accessing through a VPN. 

Which I am not aware of.... it's connected straight into the socket and set up as per the guidelines....

Anyone know how to turn this off or get around it?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@GrumpyOldGoth   To get around it turn the VPN off and once you’re done you can switch it back on.   

GrumpyOldGoth
Explorer

I don't know how to do that otherwise I would have. I see no option on the hub or in my app. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The EE app does not work in many ways. It's not beyond it to come up with the false positive that you're using a VPN when you're not!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)