cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t link my New EE broadband to my account.

RMP5
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I’ve just moved my broadband onto New EE,  it can’t locate the new product on my EE app (or online account). I have tried linking it, but keep getting an error message telling me there’s a problem and to ring up as ‘we need to check a few things.’ I rang up and the operator sent a message to the appropriate department. I rang five days later and this time the operator spoke to a colleague then informed me that EE are having problems linking accounts at the moment, but couldn’t offer any assistance other than telling me to wait.

does anyone out there know what’s going on, or have any suggestions as to the way forward?

25 REPLIES 25
tammclaughlin
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same issue here.

But while trying to resolve the issue a support person was able to get me a discount and a new pixel watch BUT I am now paying £7 more pm than when on BT and have been given 900Mbps when I was on 500Mbps with BT.  When I log in to look at their bb packages I get various website errors.  

I was not switching to pay more.

Noodle0406
Visitor

Same here, still waiting for mine to be linked. Can only see old legacy account since ceased on 28 Feb, and been debited for both accounts!!! Anyone had theirs sorted. Have called CS 9 times now since 5th March.   .I had to tell them I had a new account with them ....useless 

Emmacar
Explorer

been going on since beginning of Jan. I am now 3 months into a contract and still can’t use the app, completely useless 

I agree with that. I’m also three months into this contract and am also being failed by EE. Useless indeed!
Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same here, no access to manage broadband or tv accounts since moving from BT.

If you look around the forum there are lots of posts relating to this issue and absolutely zero information coming from EE.

What I think we need is for EE to own this issue and be more transparent about what they are actually doing to resolve it and when it will be fixed, I’m only 5 weeks in and it’s frustrating the hell out of me, so I can’t imagine how you guys who have been waiting 3 months+ must be feeling.

notice the EE staff members on the forum never get involved with these ones. 

BAE95
Visitor

Having the same issue and have phoned up multiple times to no avail. As a result I cannot access discovery+ or EE TV features that are part of my plan. 

I saw earlier in the thread that an option is to create a new EE ID and try to link products this way. Although this is far form ideal, I am considering and was wondering if anyone else has resorted to this? 

I've been having the same issue for last 7 months, surely must breach of contract

hobbitbrain
Contributor
Contributor

I am having similar problems. I switched from BT to EE for broadband and TV. EE are unable to merge my existing EE mobile account with my new broadband and TV account. This means that the EE apps don’t recognise me as a broadband or TV subscriber. I can see that the account merging problem has existed for months and nobody seems to know when it will be fixed. 

RD70
Investigator
Investigator

Having exactly the same issue! Just swapped from Virgin Media to an EE mobile package with Broadband and TV. Can't link broadband to my account in app.  You ring 150 as they advise but it's pointless as they can't sort either!   Not ideal when you can't view or manage your bill. As a new customer, i'm not very impressed 🙁 Is there any recent updates?

I asked EE how long they expected it to be before the account merging issue is fixed. I got a response today and the advice was to keep checking for an app update that will soon be available. They mentioned contacting them again in a couple of weeks but they didn’t actually say when the problem will be solved. It could take days, weeks  or months for all I know!