cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt to ee by home hub 2

Former_bt_user
Investigator
Investigator

posted on by forums but asked to move here as I’m now on ee…
Moved to new house and set up bt fibre broadband with bt home hub 2. I noticed a few wifi black spots and drop offs in the house; most notably in the chosen spot for home office. 

spoke to bt about complete wifi hoping for a bt black disc to improve signal.
Agent upsold me on new ee, offering three wifi boosters and new ee router with wifi 6. 
I was confused then when only one wifi booster arrived and no new ee router. 
I phoned back and was duly sent out an additional booster but when the hub arrived separately I was surprised to note it was a bt home hub 2: same as the one I already had. 
I haven’t tried it yet but should this (and therefore my original home hub 2) be compatible with the ee smart wifi boosters? 

does the bt home hub 2 router work with the ee home app etc? I’ve tried contacting ee again to resolve but after over half an hour on hold I gave up. 

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Former_bt_user   hey, a lot of good questions there, alas not sure I can help much.

There are quite a few versions of extenders, not all compatible with every router, but hopefully one of the new EE network team spots your post and can help out.

My understanding that I would be moved to the smart hub plus router to enable the functionality of the ee ‘smart wifi plus’ extenders. 
this seems to be the offer at the price point I was quoted too.
I was very confused by ee sending out a by home hub 2; that why I was wondering if this is just the same tech in a different wrapper. 

Former_bt_user
Investigator
Investigator

Follow up for anyone interested. Apparently some of the ee wifi plus boosters are compatible with the bt home hub 2. 
I will test and determine how well this works and whether the bt home hub 2 is compatible with the ee home app.