cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps going off

Ceedee1
Investigator
Investigator

For the past week or so, my broadband keeps going off. I either have no lights on my hub or the lights are yellow. Once I unplug it or turn the power button off and on again, it's fine. But a few hours later, it will go off again. It is the internet connection and not just the wifi.

So I am waking up to no internet and coming home from work to no internet. Very frustrating when I have CCTV connected to it via ethernet. 

12 REPLIES 12
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Ceedee1   is this for full fibre or do you still have a phone line? If so is that working ok?

Have you contacted the Broadband Care Team?

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/broadband-landline 

I don't have full fibre as I can't have it in my house. I don't have a landline so can't check that unfortunately. 

Like I say, when I restart the router it's fine. Sometimes for a day, sometimes for just a few hours. I haven't contacted EE yet as I know they'll just tell me to start the router and of course, it then works. 

I have been told previously that the phone line into my house is old and wouldn't cope with the capacity of fibre, which is why I don't have it. Apparently it's down to BT to replace the line which they won't do because it does kind of work and it will cost to much to replace 🙄

@Ceedee1   ok, are you able to post the results from the DSL checker - ideally use your phone number, if not your address but then we would also need to see your router stats.https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

I don't have a landline and no idea how to access the other information the link asks for. 

@Ceedee1   then alas I don't think there is much I can help you with.

The sooner you contact the Broadband Care Team, the sooner the problem can get looked at and get fixed.

They should be able to test your line and look at your speeds, as well as look at the amount of outages you have had and arrange appropriate action.

But knowing your address and how to log into your router to keep an eye on events and speeds would help get your problem fixed quicker.

Screenshot_20230820-181224_Samsung Internet.jpg

It doesn't ask for my address. It asks for my landline, which I don't have, an access ID line and a UPRN, both of which I have no idea what these are. 

@Ceedee1  you appear to be using a mobile phone. You would need to change it to Desktop mode, or use a PC/Laptop. Or indeed you could ring the Help Desk as already suggested.

The pic below is what you should see. 

dsl check.jpg

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.
  • For other routers: login to it according to the label on it as the admin user & navigate looking for its router/connection statistics.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

teclog.jpgBT.jpg