cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps going off

Ceedee1
Investigator
Investigator

For the past week or so, my broadband keeps going off. I either have no lights on my hub or the lights are yellow. Once I unplug it or turn the power button off and on again, it's fine. But a few hours later, it will go off again. It is the internet connection and not just the wifi.

So I am waking up to no internet and coming home from work to no internet. Very frustrating when I have CCTV connected to it via ethernet. 

12 REPLIES 12
Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Ceedee1   thanks for the extra info.

It would appear that your line has not been dropping enough for DLM to reduce your speeds.

It also shows you already have Fibre - to the cabinet - FTTC.

But also you can get full fibre.

No one on here has account access, so you really do need to give the Care Team a call - a new router may help, or there may be a loose connection somewhere on the line.

But given you don't use a phone, an upgrade to full fibre, along with a new router will give you more speed, reliability for a similar cost, with the option to go for faster speeds.

Thanks for the reply. 

I was previously told by EE that although there is fibre available to my house, there would be no point in getting it as the speed wouldn't increase due to the line needing replacement. To be honest, for what I use the internet for, I don't really need it faster. I would just like it to stop disconnecting. I will give the care team a call tomorrow and get them to check for loose connections. 

Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Ceedee1   at the moment you have fibre to the cabinet, then a copper line to your property. Depending on how old the property is, and the distance to the cabinet, as well as a few other bits like if your copper is running over poles or underground and so on, determines the speed you get, but also how reliable the service is. 

Fibre direct to your property is more reliable, so although a new line is needed, it is well worth considering. In many areas the old copper network is no longer supported, indeed in your area fibre is prioritised - meaning you may not have a choice to stay on copper for too much longer. So there is very much a point to get fibre, and you would get the speed you pay for, not one determined by the distance to the cabinet.

Good luck when you speak to them.