cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill from previous supplier

Champa1944
Investigator
Investigator

I Keep getting large bills from my previouse suppier EE salesman told me they would deal with it and it would cost nothing .

8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Champa1944

Thanks for coming here. 

Is the contract for a mobile account or home broadband?

Leanne.

Broad band only the salesman told me that there would be no cost to me for the change but previous supplier keeps sending me bills for over £400

Sent from my iPhone

Who was your previous supplier? If it was Virgin Media it was your duty to cancel it. VM is the main exception to the process that migrating your BB auto cancels your old BB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Previous supplier was plus net EE have handled the change over I have done nothing, they told there would be no cost to me

Sent from my iPhone

@Champa1944 : Unless you got a 2nd landline laid to your home your BB should have auto migrated from PN to EE & your PN contract should've auto cancelled. 

However if you switched from landline BB (FTTC or ADSL) with PN to Full Fibre (FTTP) with EE, 1 does not replace the other & it is your responsibility to cancel with PN.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Champa1944  a bill for that amount suggests PN think there is a long time to go in your contract with them.

That said, their billing system has been known to  have some issues.

Some more details would help direct your next steps.

What details do you want!!!

Were you still in contract with PN?

Is there any detain on the bill saying what it is for or a breakdown?

Have you posted on PN forum?