cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT customer EE WiFi Hotspot access login

asktoby
Investigator
Investigator

I'm with BT. We used to have a BT WIFI app that would automatically connect to BT WIFI hotspots.

Since the move to EE I now need to do a lengthily website log-in and password entry every time I want to use an EE hotspot.

Also, my son used to be able to use BT Hotspots because he had the app installed on his phone, and I had stored the credentials in that app for him. Without an app, for him to continue using EE WIFI, I would have to tell him the BT account master password, which would undermine any parental controls.

Are there plans for an app that will store the credentials and make logging in smoother, and more secure to share in a family?

3 REPLIES 3
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

The BT WiFi app was discontinued about a month or so ago and is no longer available to be downloaded. But at the moment any one who has 1 already installed they still work. I don’t think there will be an EE WiFi app as it would have been available as part of the change from BT WiFi to EE WiFi. But who knows with BT/EE.

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

@asktoby if you have an EE sim and compatible mobile you can set up auto connect in the phones settings.  How Do I Access WiFi Coverage Boost? | Mobile Help | EE

Thanks

Neil

asktoby
Investigator
Investigator

I don't have an EE mobile so it looks like I'm stuck with the log-in form.