cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT WiFi hotspots are becoming EE WiFi hotspots, EE BB customers can log in now

Theo77
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This post is partly an informational one to let you know about some exciting news I've found out about, but I still have a few questions too. 

BT WiFi is becoming EE WiFi right now. There has been an ISP Review article confirming this, and I have personally seen an open "EE WiFi" network start to pop-up instead of BT WiFi. The most exciting change though is that there's now a new login option for EE Broadband customers. This means that EE Broadband customers can log in to every BT WiFi hotspot, not just the ones who's name has changed. You can just select "EE Broadband" under Account type and you'll be redirected to My EE to log in and then you'll be connected.  

If you're an EE Broadband customer this is great news, but I still have a few questions. 
I am currently  a customer of BT Broadband and EE mobile. I thought this transition would see BTWifi-X entirely got rid of or replaced by EE WiFi-Auto (WiFi coverage boost). I'm all set up to connect to EE WiFi-Auto, so I thought that this transition would be beneficial. However, today I saw "EEWifi-X" This network used EAP security, and looked official. It was also in an area with great 4G coverage, so not a WiFi coverage boost area. So, my question is, how do I set up my iOS device for EEWifi-X? I'm asking this here since the network now has EE in its name.  

31 REPLIES 31

@AndrewH8on   have you read the rest of this thread?

It does not say EE Broadband customers can have free access to the hotspots.

How I read the original statement by EE and when you try to log in EE say you get free access with EE broadband account.
I read someone else’s reply and found that they were saying the EE Broadband customers can’t get it free.
EE need to change their wording and get rid of the log in option for EE broadband customers

I don't see anywhere that EE says it was free. 

The OP has an account, and jumped to a conclusion.

From the EE WiFi site   https://ee-wifi.ee.co.uk/public/ee/index.htm 

Get online in 3 easy steps

1. 1

Find a hotspotLocate any of our 5 million UK wide hotspots

2. 2

Purchase accessBuy on-demand access

3. 3

Get connectedEnjoy fast, unlimited WiFi when in range of hotspot

IMG_9822.png

 When you try to access the hotspot it does say that it is free to EE broadband accounts

No it says EE Account Customers and BT Broadband customers get free access.

It then uses a number of ways of identifying you to be able to log in.

And I have an EE account (broadband) so should be able to log in and get free access and I’m guessing that’s why there is the broadband account option

I can understand your logic, and it may well be something to come at some stage, but for now you need a EE WiFi account. As you, and others have found out, alas it does not work for EE Broadband accounts.

Annoying but that’s why EE need to drop that log in option

Agile-gupster
Visitor

FYI faq says free to BT and new EE customers , https://ee-wifi.ee.co.uk/public/ee/help/index.htm

Gwc300691
Visitor

Do you have any information about a replacement app for the bt. WiFi app as I had to get a new phone and when I tried to re-install it’s nowhere to be found I use my bt WiFi hotspot religiously have done for years and now since this change I have to constantly keep logging in not ideal as I work in many areas that have poor signal 

thanks