Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT/EE Broadband Not VPN Compatible

JiLF
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello BT/EE,

I am obliged to inform the technical department that your newly introduced BT routers DO NOT support VPN integration at all. I was completely disappointed when my broadband just kept failing to establish a CONNECTION! Tweaking the VPN option in the router's back office DOES NOT do a thing! This has left me completely baffled in that having had a router upgrade then broadband just refuses to respond.

There is no trouble on the cellphone but this is prevalent on laptop/desktop. I guess it's high time that BT/EE resolve this disappointing problem once and for all before the company looses stops being the said "the number 1 UK broadband for 10 years in a row" phraseology! 

BT/EE, have you got a solution to this devastating problem? 

Client 

#EE #BROADBAND #VPN #BT/EE 

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JiLF,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

What sort of VPN service are you using?

Are you using EE or BT broadband?

Which router?

James

JiLF
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Simply want to elaborate that since the implementation & upgrade of the Smart Hub Plus router, the net has been crawling not unless I disable the VPN I built in my firewall/anti-virus program. I am sorry but I cannot mention the name of the VPN due to privacy. 

JiLF
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Suffice to say, the old router had no trouble at all working with the VPN! 

JiLF
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm on the current BT/EE Smart Hub Plus router. This innovation I believe us gregariously dragging down the internet speeds. By the way, why isn't Vodafone Broadband not undergoing such headaches? I hit a friend and his broadband is superb.