cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appaling service since being encouraged to migrate from BT to EE Broadband

Datacr0ft
Investigator
Investigator

Having being 'encouraged' to migrate my something over twenty years relationship with BT Broadband to the new better? EE Broadband service for less than three weeks. it has been proved to be a constant problematic service.

Not withstanding the replacement of my two previous GOOD BT complete WI-FI discs with two new EE devices that now seem to provide even less signals to my property even though they are all in the same locations as before,

I'm also constantly (now four times in the last three weeks) having to reboot the EE Smart Hub Plus device in order to get the previously stable telephone  line to work. And yes, I have ditched the Home Phone Adapter so the telephone is DIRECTLY connected to the EE Home Hub Plus.

So my simple question is has anyone been successful in forcing EE to migrate me back to my good old BT Broadband service or am I better off cancelling the service completly and bite to bullect by going to a better service provide?

19 REPLIES 19
garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear you've been having such a terrible experience, @Datacr0ft. I share your frustration, having been persuaded to move over to EE from BT, and subsequently had nothing but problems. "New" EE just isn't ready for prime time - we are all beta testing it and paying for the privilege.

I currently have an open case with BT Executive Complaints. The complaints manager is still investigating some issues, but he has already offered to release me from the contract without a termination fee, so that I can sign up with BT again. They can't just move me back, it seems, so it would be a case of cancelling and starting again, although the benefit is that the BT package is now cheaper than I was paying before. 

I'm holding out for a response on the issues in the complaint, which the complaints manager is working through, because if we can get through those issues, I'll stay with EE, on the basis that the Smart Hub Plus router and Smart WiFi devices are giving me WiFi 6 connectivity, which is significantly faster than WiFi 5 on the BT kit. It has to be stable though, because any speed increase isn't worth it, if the connection isn't rock solid. 

I might also consider Vodafone, if I do have to move: it's already offering WiFi 6E devices, which are a step up again.

Neil_F
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I was moved without my permission or authority. Disgraceful practice by a bad salesman. 

I've got a complaint out too but nothing is happening!

Neil_F
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Complaints manager called and basically nothing can be done! I'm not at all happy about the forced move from BT to EE. Apparently they can't find my call with the salesman! Very convenient. I'd be interested in knowing if you are successful in your move back to BT.

My case has been closed. No apology, nothing at all. And I've got a phone system that keeps dropping out! I've been caused lots of stress for not receiving any benefit at all.

Datacr0ft
Investigator
Investigator

So the saga continues.

After a visit from an EE Home Engineer who declared everything was working correctly within the internal environment the call was escalated to Openreach as it 'must' be an external connection problem.

So, an Openreach Engineer duly called and checked all the external connection and obviously the the EE Smart Hub Plus and declared all was fine with an excellent connection to all!

Now the interesting bit. Casually the Openreach Engineer suggested that for a few days, switch off the Smart Hybrid Connect device as he has experienced that 'sometimes' this has overwhelmed the WIFI signals.

Why is this interesting? Well the Smart WIFI Plus device closest to the Smart Hybrid Connect device was causing issues by constantly flashing Blue as trying to pair with the EE Smart Hub with little success. Even trying to reset this errant Smart WIFI Plus device with the pin reset choice this device simply wouldn't play ball even when placed alongside the EE Smart Hub Plus and simply would not pair at all!. EE have now kindly dispatched a replacement as it is obviously faulty.

Anyway, with the new Smart Hybrid Connect still switched off, I used another, working,  Smart WIFI Plus device in the same position as the previously delinquent device and everything appears to working fine now.

So I'm pondering whether there is a problem with a contention of a Smart Hybrib Connect in close proximity to a Smart WIFI Plus and overwhelming the WIFI signals and caused the previous problems.

Any comments or similar issues would be gratefully appreciated before I'm brave enough to switch on the Smart Hybid Connect device on again

CF1945
Visitor

Visited EE shop early Jan 2024 to renew my EE mobile contract. Was already with BT for fibre broadband / home phone. Was persuaded to transfer to EE broadband / home phone due to faster speed and significant discount on new mobile SIM for migrating. Mobile contract went OK and dramatic upgrade of broadband speed the following day. Then all gone crazy! Several contacts from EE asking me to merge my mobile and broadband identities onto My EE. Links provided to do this didn't failed and asked me to call a guide on 150. In the ensuing 6 weeks I have spoken to guides at call centres all over UK and even Ireland -- non have fixed the issue . I received an email inviting me to view my latest broadband bill on My EE but can't because contact not merged onto my EE! At last, yesterday, spoke to a guide who admitted there are major teething troubles with ID mergers and that he could not advise when will be resolved. Assured me that delay will not negate discount on my SIM and offered to send me broadband bills by post until system issues resolved. He had received 18 similar complaints so far this week. 

Appears the BT / EE merger has been poorly planned and implementation a shambles, compounded by poor advice from EE guides and shop staff. 

AKG2
Visitor

Similar experience except after about 8 weeks executive complaints said they were closing the complaint & referring outstanding problems to teams working those problems. They also provided me with a letter so I could take my complaint to Ofcom, which I'm about to do.

No offer of any price reduction for an inferior service to old BT. In fact increased my mobile charges for unlimited data on mobile, even though adverts said free unlimited mobile data if you switch broadband to EE.

Stonewall from EE, no timeframes to fix, no price reduction, no real apology. They were a good mobile service provider, now they're a hard to deal with and apparently unconcerned with customer service.

@AKG2 wrote:

They also provided me with a letter so I could take my complaint to Ofcom, which I'm about to do.

Not Ofcom, who don't handle individual complaints, but EE's ADR provider, Ombudsman Services.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Nsmurf
Investigator
Investigator

I was encouraged to migrate from BT to EE aswell, For broadband, telephone, and TV package, I was a Halo3+ with BT and had excellent service. I was told that the change would be "seamless" and nothing for me to do.

A new router and 3 new "wifi Discs" were dispatched that i had to change and install myself. plus send back all my BT equipment.

i have changed the router, and somehow managed to get the wifi discs to show a blue light most of the time, but cannot acces the from my router hub, they are not even showing. have lost the use of my second tv box, have lost UHD, and finally cannot get everything to link to my EE app. my original order with BT has been cancelled, reinstated, changed, and finally complete. but i don't have an account with EE, so cannot be conected to all my services. this has been going on for a Month with promises of call backs to get things moving, and that the complaint has been moved up to a higher level, and they will be in touch.......still waiting, on the plus side, without an account they can't bill me........

wish i could go back to BT but i believe that this is the future for all BT customers and EE is the future.

Anybody else having similar problems, because Sky is looking pretty good at the mooment.

one last thing I am being petered to send back my BT stuff, they may get everything back very soon

berjudge
Explorer

IUDEX

Having had trouble with my BT box, and following transfer of my BT account to EE, EE sent me a new pro box and an « engineer » to install it and transfer my telephone to VOIP. Various offers were also made to improve my package one of which was no CPI increase until 2025. I find out today that, unbeknown to me , all this triggered a new 24 month contract and, for good measure, the CPI increase had been added to my monthly payments. I called EE again today to cancel the new contract and put me back where I was - to do that, they would have to transfer my account to BT but that can no longer be done apparently. My options therefore are to accept the new EE contract or come out of contract at no cost and replace all my service within 14 days or be without. What appalling customer treatment! 6