cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appaling service since being encouraged to migrate from BT to EE Broadband

Datacr0ft
Investigator
Investigator

Having being 'encouraged' to migrate my something over twenty years relationship with BT Broadband to the new better? EE Broadband service for less than three weeks. it has been proved to be a constant problematic service.

Not withstanding the replacement of my two previous GOOD BT complete WI-FI discs with two new EE devices that now seem to provide even less signals to my property even though they are all in the same locations as before,

I'm also constantly (now four times in the last three weeks) having to reboot the EE Smart Hub Plus device in order to get the previously stable telephone  line to work. And yes, I have ditched the Home Phone Adapter so the telephone is DIRECTLY connected to the EE Home Hub Plus.

So my simple question is has anyone been successful in forcing EE to migrate me back to my good old BT Broadband service or am I better off cancelling the service completly and bite to bullect by going to a better service provide?

20 REPLIES 20
pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

"BT" will be looking after business customers only and leaving the domestic side to EE

Nsmurf
Investigator
Investigator

Have managed to get back to BT broadband and digital phone, getting my TV package is another story. i am assured it will be up and running by Thursday 4th April.......(not holding my breath).

only been without my TV package since 14th February..

wish i had never listened to the sales person that said the change over is seamless and nothing to do.

I have enough routers, wifie extenders etc to start up my own shop.......lol

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Nsmurf Glad to hear you're getting sorted mate. 

Did they let you move directly back to BT? I asked about doing that, but was told the only way to do it would be for me ot be released from EE contract without penalty, and then sign up again myself with BT!

Gary,

all i said was that i wanted to go back to what i had before they made
the change.

they said it would take longer, but as i had never had the ee tv package
working they couldn't throw the contract thing in the mix.

ps

still not working properly.

the activation date is 4th April.............

the saga continues.

--
Best Regards

Noel 

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

vancouverbrit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I can't even get them to close the complaint so I can go to the ombudsman!

Badgers2
Explorer

Like the 'Investigator' I was 'encouraged' to transfer to EE two days ago, nothing but problems!!! My landline no longer works, I wasn't told that my telephone extensions would no longer work!  I have unplugged the phones and done as they have said still not working, there is no green port to plug into on my router when I call EE I get an automated voice telling me to press 1 for further help I did this and got cut off several times.  I am tearing my hair out, THIS IS NOT A SERVICE AT ALL RATHER A DIS SERVICE.  I WAS TOLD ONCE TRANSERRED OVER I CANNOT REVERT!! It is all a joke.  Can someone out there give me some advice!!!   

Same here!!  Moved two days ago landline is no longer working, I was told I could not revert to BT once transrfferd over I cannot get through to anyone except an automated voice which told me to press 1 for further help did that nothing worked and got cut off  Now tearing my hair out don't know what to do!

JohnS_99
Explorer

In a similar situation, out of contract with BT and forced onto EE.  However price remained the same and I was assured all would be seamless - even keeping the old BT smart hub and disc.   Now 2 days into new contract all seems to be working ok with no problems. {But today I received two bags from BT and one from EE asking me to return all the equipment within 60 days.  Not really possible as I am still using it all !!}

@Badgers2 : If you asked to transfer your landline to EE you should've been sent a suitable router with a green Phone port. Which router have you? Which EE BB plan are you on?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
JohnS_99
Explorer

Hello @Badgers2.  I did not request a transfer to EE.  I was told I was being moved across.  No choice, he told me all BT residential customers were being transferred and BT was to be reserved for business customers only.  I have a  BT Smart Hub 2 with FTTC which he said would continue without a break (which is true). No mention of replacement EE equipment.