cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.6 Gbps Broadband Provisioning

ChrisP99
Investigator
Investigator

I am starting to get really fed up with this.

I have moved into an apartment that was only finished in November 2023. I am the only one there out of 26 flats.

I ordered a 1.6 Gbps package from EE, OR visit booked for Monday.

OR engineer came on Monday and replaced ONT with a new 2.5 Gbps one as only a 1 Gbps one was installed at the time the building was finished, all is good so far.

They rang their helpdesk to get it activated as the PON light was stuck flashing (with the LAN light solid green and no LOS light lit). Helpdesk was extremely unhelpful and said something along the lines of the whole building's line not being built/provisioned, and that they would do it overnight. OR engineer did not sound happy and did try their best to escalate or get something done, but was told "Wait 24 hours" OR engineer said they would come on Tuesday and text me to activate the ONT.

I understand OR engineers are under a lot of pressure, but I was not contacted at all on Tuesday, and when I rang EE (And got transferred to the next gen team in Belfast), they said all they can do is re-book another appointment for next Tuesday. I asked could they escalate it with OR and was told no. Really unhelpful for the amount I am paying EE  (or will be, I haven't seen a single kilobyte since I've moved in), and I am worried this is going to go round in circles.

I work from home full-time, I cannot be without internet for a week. They said they are sending me a 4G router when I live in an area with unusable 4G speeds.

All I have read on this forum is issues with people getting the 1.6 Gbps package. Is there really no way this can be fixed remotely? It's just the PON light flashing. This shouldn't need someone to come out to do that. There's no physical work needing done.

1 REPLY 1
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ChrisP99 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry there have been issues activating your service, and appreciate the inconvenience this must be causing you. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details and we'll be happy to chase Openreach and find out what's happening with the activation of your service.

Thanks
Neil