cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

sim card

rodrigo3
Investigator
Investigator

So I upgraded my phone recently and with my phone they gave me a tablet, and with that tablet came a SIM card for the tablet. Am I paying for the SIM card and can I cancel that sim card?

9 REPLIES 9
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @rodrigo3 

Log into your account and it will say, but I suspect you will be paying for a tablet contract as well as your phone. If you want to cancel you'll need to speak to EE CS on 150 and pay off the remaining contract term.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @rodrigo3 ,

I recommend you do a search for "free tablet" on these forums and review the contents of those results.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=free%20tablet&noSynonym=false&collapse...

If you believe EE has got your order wrong and you did not intend to buy or pay for a tablet, or did not intend to sign up for a 12 or 24 month minimum term SIM for that tablet, then you should contact EE and double check that the upgrade is all they have actioned on your account.

Hopefully there has just been a misunderstanding and they have carried out your instructions exactly without adding any other changes.

If you feel that fraudulent activities have been conducted and you have electronically signed a contract which is different to what a sales person may have accidentally fixed your signature to, you may wish to take advice on whether a report of fraud is required.

As an example, you may have authorized certain debits to your bank account but you may see debits higher than what you authorized and those higher amounts would be unauthorized transactions which you should report to both the retailer and your bank.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

How did you upgrade, online, phone or in an EE store? 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I went to the store, they said the tablet was free but looking at the forums I have found that it isn't exactly free. Would I need to go back to the store and refund or?

how would I cancel it 

There is no cooling-off period when you buy instore. So you need to claim misrepresentation/ fraudulent sale and invoke your Sale of Goods rights. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi @rodrigo3 ,

If a salesperson has lied to you that something is free when in fact it is not, that would be gross misconduct contrary to the training provided by EE.

If a salesperson enters you into a contract which you have not agreed to, that is a financial fraud perpetrated against both yourself and EE, so I would hope that EE would be keen to prosecute any crime which is uncovered.

If a salesperson fraudulently debits money from your bank account without your authorization, that is both financial fraud and theft.

I sincerely hope there has been a simple misunderstanding and I recommend that you ask EE to review the communications and contracts with yourself and produces the evidence that you entered into the contacts they claim you have.

If you think the situation is sufficiently serious, I would recommend to take legal advice.

Typically, I would state upfront that I'm fully willing to uphold the contacts which I have explicitly entered into, but just wish to see the proof that I've entered into a certain contract, for example a signature or transcript of a recording and the text of the contract.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@mikeliuk 

One word against another. The OP should have checked their receipt. 

What the salespeople say is that the "device" (mobile router, tablet etc) is free and they will also discount your tariff. It's an old sales misdirection trick which they normally pull on older customers or those they feel they can get away with it. "Yes we can give you this tablet for free" but it's not as you're paying a tariff. 

I recommend you go into a store you don't normally use and act naïve to see the tricks they use. BTW it is the same in Vodafone and Carphone warehouse. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rodrigo3,

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to check the details of your tablet plan if you get in touch.

Thanks

James