cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iPhone keeps stalling, calls disconnecting

NA23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

I am having issues with my iPhone:

1. A random blue circle appears at the bottom of my screen and then my phone freezes. This is happening (all the time) so I’m unable to use my phone.

I am not sure of the blue circle feature of as it might be to do with voice recognition or safari or it could be Siri as I have not used it before but it just pops up all the time now. 

2. My incoming and outgoing calls keep getting disconnected when I answer them.

3. I am unable to make work calls or speak with my family and friend so it’s impacting me on a personal and professional level. Especially when I am working from home.

Please can you help? I have already googled this and taken all the necessary steps that involve resting my iPhone settings, deleting apps in the background etc and nothing has worked.

19 REPLIES 19
martyn413
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @NA23 

Which iPhone do you have and can you tell me which version of ios you have installed please?

Thanks,
Martyn

Hi Martyn,

I have iPhone 11 and the 14.5.1 of the iOS installed. 

Please let me know if you can help? 
Thanks 

@NA23   Do you mean this one 

5B2625F7-5534-4C07-82A6-F6796720AA03.png

Yes - it’s exactly that. 

Please confirm why I am getting that and how I can resolve it?

Thanks 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NA23

Welcome to the community.

It means an application is using the microphone, so it will probably show when you're on calls, using the camera, using Siri, or any other app that requires the microphone.

Chris

Thanks for replying Chris,

The issue is that it comes up on my phone all the time and it freezes. How do I resolve it? 

I have never experienced it before so why now? Also it pops up when I’m not using the microphone for example when I’m sending a text. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I believe it may be part of the latest software update, @NA23.

Could you try force closing all of your apps? Open an app, then swipe up. Then swipe up again on each app that is open.

Does the orange circle still show?

Chris

@NA23   That’s Siri and there are 2 ways to access Siri one is to say “hey Siri” the other is to hold down the on button.    Can you put your phone on a table access your messages and start typing do not hold the side of the phone.  Does Siri pop-up ? 

Thanks for the clarification. 

Siri pops up out of the blue when I am using my phone. E.G for texting, when I am browsing the internet, my phone completely freezes for ages and I obviously can’t use my phone. 

My questions are:

1. Is there a way to disable Siri? 
2.  Why does my phone disconnect all the time  (without any reason) - nothing to do with Siri 

3. Why can’t I answer any incoming calls even though I see them it on my screen - again it has nothing to do with Siri

Thanks