cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Strict NAT type in COD Warzone

camy252
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ive been given a heads up about 4GEE's non static IP and CGNAT situation but I've been able to get NAT type 2 on my PS4 and had no match making issues in games so far. I've also been playing other PC games without port blocking/nat issues so I was bit disappointed to see my nat type as Strict in Warzone.

The game was free so I promised myself I wouldn't get too wound up about it and then spend weeks troubleshooting. But I'm really keen to play this and I'm also starting to worry about future games.

Is there a way to fix this? I understand EE doesn't allow for port forwarding? And even if it did, I'd have to disable Unpnp? Which I suspect is the reason all my other games work fine as its doing its job right? 

The confusing bit is not having nat issues with my PS4 and other pc games but having it in warzone. Surely if it's my IP address and EE then any devices downstream of my router would be having the same issue? 

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @camy252

Another user on a different thread mentioned changing manually from IPv6 to IPv4. That seemed to resolve it for them.

Could you give that a try, if possible?

Chris

camy252
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hey Chris, thanks for the reply. Already have Ivp6 turned off as that was causing problems when I first installed my router (video calls not working and emails not sending). 

Tested warzone again last night and randomly my nat changed to moderate. I was also able to play with 4 mates without issues so thats a good sign. Wondering if that was just because they are all on open nat or my upnp feature is doing its job. 

Had this problem myself using phone as a hotspot, don't know about PS but on Xbox go to network setting -> advanced settings -> alternate port selection -> manual -> and keep changing ports until it's not strict, I got moderate may this way, sadly couldn't get open.

Though it didn't change my NAT settings I found changing my dns settings on my xbox (network advanced settings. Dns manual. 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 allowed me to play perfectly cross platform. 

Hope this helps.