cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iPhone 13 Pro Max Activation problem

Sgiandubh
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just received my iPhone Pro Max and it is refusing to activate, either over 4g, Wifi or connected to a computer running itunes.

I previously had an iPhone 11 Pro Max (with EE) and as there wasn't a new sim in the box, i have had to put the old sim into the new phone and it won't activate, for the sake of trying it, i also tried to activate without any sim and it still wont activate.

Any ideas? should i have received a new sim card in the package?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sgiandubh  You don’t need a new sim if your old one fits.  Just to check you have put the sim in the device the correct way round ? 

Sgiandubh
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Chris_B Very good but you cant actually put the sim card in any other way than the correct way because the sim card tray wont allow it

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sgiandubh : Around that time there was a complete FB etc. outage that was crippling the whole Net - see No 4G . Try it now. It should now work.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Sgiandubh  You’ll be surprised at how people can force a Sim card in the wrong way round.  

Sgiandubh
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@XRaySpeX yeah i found that out because the phone eventually activated after several attempts and then i couldn't get anything Facebook related set up on the new phone but everything else was fine