cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iPhone 12 pro.....delivery status joke....

Bernii09francis
Investigator
Investigator

Morning EE world,

I am sure there are many of you in this position at present. I ordered an IPHONE 12 PRO on 11th December. On the call the girl said i think it will be here before Christmas (RUBBISH) I am now without a phone, i gave my daughter my XR for Christmas...I'd promised her and couldn't let her down. `I've called EE and logged a complaint. My point is, they've taken 100 pound from me to lower my monthly IPHONE 12 PRO payments, I've even taken out a new contract SIM for my daughter and my OLD XR., but yet the blame is shifted to APPLE. So my 100 pound i am losing (little) interest on in my bank is with EE, they are happy to take my money out of my account for a phone i can not use because my daughter has it and they send me delivery status's like "Good News your Order is On track" WHAT A LIE, LACK OF TRANSPARENCY. I was told on by EE customer relations that i can pull my order and go else where but i will be at the back of the queue. EE i have been with for 8 years and i am really disappointed in how they have treated me. It maybe out of their control but surely some transparency and integrity would not go a miss. Or even compensating their customers who are worse off after placing an order.....

10 REPLIES 10
Peter_g_2004
Explorer

I can agree with you with the annoyance of text messages advising it’s on its way which are totally misleading.

I ordered one on 1st December advised 21 days. Then signed up for broadband and they redone my order so then I was within 28 days from the 3rd.

Still nothing. I expected to have it within the 28days which would be 31st so hoping the long awaited text message comes today.

I had to do an insurance claim on my partners existing phone as she broke it which like you, is a waste knowing this is... somewhere.

I have all my business and personal with EE and it does not return any priority or advantage.

I am one to cut off my nose so hopefully they sort it out and stick to their word or business will be lost, starting with cancellations of these two orders.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bernii09francis,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Which colour and memory size did you order?

Thanks

James

@Peter_g_2004 I just can not believe the laid back attitude of EE. SO they knew we are in a pandemic and brexit will play a part but yet they have not forecasted sales or impact on clientele. 

You can still order the IPHONE 12 PRO and i saw a tweet stating its on BACK ORDER...but it does not clarify what back order means....is this an additional 2 week wait etc.

MY life is on my phone and whilst i could have been selfish and not given it to my daughter to save me hassle, it would have broken her. She's 12 and life is digital as is mine! I can not get on to my banking, my emails i had to do some long winded reset. IF EE send me a message i will not receive it because i don't have a phone. So i trusted their wait time as a customer and yet I'm left worse off because they've failed.

They know its more hassle to transfer the order, and to be honest what big time players in the mobile game actually care about their customers. I mean i bet they ensured all the top celebs had their phone....even ones that have breached the covid regs LOL rita ora.....

I expect EE to compensate their customers and to show some empathy and integrity!

@James_B iPhone 12 Pro 5G 128GB Pacific Blue

@James_B

Exactly the same phone as @Bernii09francis  the only phone they had a timescale on.

James_B

Hi @Bernii09francis,

The delivery guidance when you placed your order was 'expect dispatch within 28 days'. I'm sorry if this wasn't made clear when you placed your order.

James

@James_B no it wasn't made clear to me. DISPATCH means its actually going to be longer until the device is delivered. For example it will be dispatched by that 28 day marker you state, by 8th January in my case.....however i won't receive it until 10th January?

Can you confirm that my device will be dispatched by 8th January? 

James_B

Hi @Bernii09francis,

Most deliveries are completed within one working day of dispatch.

You'll receive a text message from DPD with tracking details as soon as your delivery slot is confirmed.

James

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Bernii09francis it ain't just EE that don't have stock if you check the other networks they are in the same position because of Apple.