cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iPhone 12 and 12 Pro preorder thread

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Saw that there was an XS/XS Max thread back in 2018 and fancied seeing if anyone would respond to a new one for the iPhone 12 preorders!

Ordered myself an 128GB iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue, albeit it with minimal photos showing the new colour so I'm a little nervous as someone who's gone Silver for the past few years.

Order is currently sat at Order Confirmed, Awaiting Confirmation for the delivery date but I hope this evening (as per previous years) it changes to delivery for Friday.

What phones and experiences has everyone else had this year?

778 REPLIES 778

It just says order awaiting confirmation at the moment?

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
I think that is to do with the delivery, as in they're awaiting DPD to pick the orders up. From what I have seen from previous years, usually the orders arriving Friday will change to show their delivery date this evening, and then DPD will collect them at 1am Thursday, and before 9pm Thursday we get tracking numbers or the DPD app goes live with tracking info for your address. What did the date on your original order email say? With the xko number
sleepy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I wouldn't read anything into what the advisers tell you. Every single year they just either make it up or get it wrong and cause people to panic.

Roll on Friday!

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well I just spoke to someone from EE who told my my phone has been picker and is just waiting to ship now and actually shows an estimated delivery date of tomorrow, not Friday. But I suspect DPD will hold it until Friday if it does ship. 

Nowellsmith
Investigator
Investigator

I'm very excited to get my iPhone 12 Pro in launch day, I have never gotten a phone on launch day. I have also never had an apple device I have always been a hardcore android fan but this year I've decided to switch!

TheGavnor
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What shows when you use the order tracker?

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
I’m still just showing “Awaiting Confirmation” in the delivery date and order confirmed on the 3 step thing on the page as of 8pm
TheGavnor
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, same here

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Was hoping it would shift to show a delivery date this evening but seems we may be waiting a little longer. Although doesn’t seem much interest on here in the preorders so I’ve no idea if everyone is in the same boat as us!

I couldn’t get the website to work on Friday - it wasn’t giving me a place to put in my perk code, so I went into my local store and ordered in there. Was handy as don’t need pay my upgrade fee until I collect the handset on Friday, so gave me time to sell my iPhone 11 to Carphone Warehouse to cover the upgrade fee.