cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iPhone 12 and 12 Pro preorder thread

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Saw that there was an XS/XS Max thread back in 2018 and fancied seeing if anyone would respond to a new one for the iPhone 12 preorders!

Ordered myself an 128GB iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue, albeit it with minimal photos showing the new colour so I'm a little nervous as someone who's gone Silver for the past few years.

Order is currently sat at Order Confirmed, Awaiting Confirmation for the delivery date but I hope this evening (as per previous years) it changes to delivery for Friday.

What phones and experiences has everyone else had this year?

778 REPLIES 778
TheGavnor
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I went for a Pacific Blue 512GB.

My order tracking shows the same, I’m hoping to get it for launch.

An EE live Chat advisor has just said said to me that although launch is 23rd, no units will be delivered until 26th?
Surely that can’t be correct?

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Nah can't be right, no way a huge carrier like EE would not be delivering iPhones on launch day. Especially as Pro in Graphite is still available for a 23rd launch day delivery

TheGavnor
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My thoughts too. As most models now say ‘Delivery within 14 days’ but before said ‘Order now for delivery on launch Day of 23rd October’.

I’m like a kid at Christmas when it comes to these launches 🤣

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Me too! Only prior preorder thread I could find was an XS/XS Max thread, so I had a look and got a timeline for when things change on orders for iPhone preorders, as this is my first year going via EE and not Apple.

I just saw that the graphite is now also sold out, although the silver 512GB must be popular as its now down as "We will deliver when we receive stock from our Supplier" so they must have sold their 14 days worth too

wizzywig27
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@TheGavnor this happens every year, one rogue agent thinks they are released on that day (which they are) but wont be dispatched until the day of release. 

Im freaking out at the minute.  Every year i get the iphone on launch day.  This is my first year with EE and they are messing things up already.  I did the preoder online on 16th (preorder day) at 1pm on the dot. 

Now being told two things,  One that dispatch isnt until 26th. 

Then i got told the pacific blue is high demand and may take 2 weeks!!!! 

Meltdown!!

TheGavnor
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Who told you that? Probably not worth having a meltdown or freaking out. I’m sure you will get it soon enough

@matttherat30 what does your order confirmation say? I have to say it took me over an hour, apparently there were system problems and a number of orders didn't go through?

I am surprised they are saying there is a delay as even on Saturday they were showing in stock for delivery on launch day. Perhaps yours never got placed due to the system error or got cancelled hence why they are now saying two weeks?

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
My order didn't go through on Friday so I rang them 8am Saturday and got it put through manually, and was told on the phone that day that I was down for a Friday delivery. The phones seemed to be in stock for a Friday delivery right up until Sunday or Monday though