cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

going from contract to PAYG

samalcis
Explorer

Hi , everyone , need some advice and your wisdom

currently i have a contract due to end within two weeks.  phone still works fine so i want to go onto PAYG sim no contract.

i have several questions

1. when can i initiate the PAYG in readyness for contract end? can  i do  this now? or have to wait for end of contract?

2.i want to keep the same number as i have now , so will my sim i have installed allready from contract  just change status to PAYG?

3.id like to transition from contract to PAYG  to be seamless how do i manage this ?

4. what happens to my direct debit once contract has ended? i have had a text to say payments will continue to be made as if you are still on contract after the end of the contract if i do nothing,

Samalcis

5. The PAYG is monthly renewed automatically  so im guessing this will be a direct debit too?  do EE cancell old one (contract ) and set up a new one for PAYG automaticaly?

i really appreciate your answers and help ! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You don't order a new PAYG SIM just to get a pack if you want to keep your no. You wait until your current SIM is moved to PAYG. You can then buy packs of your choosing whenever you want either in your MyEE PAYG a/c or by the Text Service. 

On the day you move to PAYG text ALL PACKS to 150 & select a pack that suits you.

To find out more on how packs work & which are available see What are pay as you go packs?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @samalcis.

Welcome to the community.

You can request this within the last 30 days of your contract.

If you give our Sales Team a call, they will be able to sort everything for you, including keeping your number, and a seamless transition to pay as you go.

Jon

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @samalcis 

You may have already considered this and discounted it for other reasons, but have you considered going onto a SIM-only plan?

You would remain on pay-monthly and therefore retain certain benefits & added-services that PAYG aren't able to use, but you would reduce your monthly cost.

SIM only plans come in 30day, 12month & 24month versions, depending on your circumstances and how long you're willing to re-contract to EE for. You can view the current range of plans here 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

1. & 2. When EE move your contract to PAYG you stay with the same SIM which becomes PAYG.

5. PAYG packs are either 7 or 30 days. You can't pay for them by DD but you can set up a recurring card payment.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Im a bit confused tbh.
The PAYG packs come with a sim that you have to order.
I spoke to someone from EE just today who said , ok ive set your phone to go over to PAYG from the 19 th of Dec.
But you ( me ) need to go online to choose your PAYG pack.
Looking online These packs come with a sim , that will be different number to my phone, i want to keep my number.
If i wanted to select the pack in time for it to be seamless, id need to get on an order it ?
I don’t understand how i can order a pack to work same day that comes with another sim card with a different number.
He was talking like , yeh just pick your pack and your phone will work on that pack ?
Without another sim ?
Yet the pack says it comes with a sim , you have to wait for a new sim ?

Sent from my iPhone

You don't order a new PAYG SIM just to get a pack if you want to keep your no. You wait until your current SIM is moved to PAYG. You can then buy packs of your choosing whenever you want either in your MyEE PAYG a/c or by the Text Service. 

On the day you move to PAYG text ALL PACKS to 150 & select a pack that suits you.

To find out more on how packs work & which are available see What are pay as you go packs?