cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

cancelled contract now cant access number via PAYG

chinds
Explorer

I have recently moved countries. I cancelled my contract (which was rolling anyway) this contract ended on 18th March.

I was advised that I could keep my number as pay as you go and that I would simply need to send a text message from it each month to keep it active.

However I seem to have lost all access to this number.

I still have the physical sim in my phone (new contract abroad is an eSim). The old number is nowhere to be seen in my account and I cant find where I could top it up to send any messages.

It was vital to me that I keep this number and I was assured by EE I would keep it.

Any help would be appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @chinds 

All new EE PAYG SIMs need to be activated on EE's UK network before they will work abroad, this includes migrations from pay-monthly.

If you have swapped from pay-monthly to PAYG whilst abroad, I'm afraid you'll need to use that SIM in the UK first.

This is separate from any issues with your myEE online login, but there is no workaround from this requirement.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. If only the EE rep told me this when I actually asked about this 😞

Unfortunately I will not be back in the UK for a number of months. Is this OK? Or will I imply loose access to the number entirely?

Unfortunately, you're not the first person on this forum to say this.

You only need to be aware of the PAYG hibernation policy which could become an issue if your SIM isn't used for a chargeable action within 179 days.