cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

bright box 2 router connectivity to seperate wireless router

Jonsey
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hello all

I'm withh EE broadband for the past 5 years or so, VDSL around 51mbs connection speed.

My current set up is a Vigor 130 modem and an Asus RT86U router. The Vigor modem has gone faulty and I'm waiting replacement, hence I gone back to the EE bright box 2 router as a temp measure.

I know this has been covered before but how do you connect the Asus router only to the bright box 2?  Settings and what connections go to where from the bright box 2 to the Asus router?

The modem part of the bright box 2 i find rock solid with not drop outs but the router/wireless part is not so good.

Until I get the replacement Vigor 130 can any one help me please, in the past I know I done this before but struggling at the moment.

😀

Jonsey

😀

The bright box 2 has the latest firmware v0.06.00.0001-OT (Tue May 19 15:34:07 2020)

😀

10 REPLIES 10
Jonsey
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Gave up in the end trying to connect my Asus router to a BB2 unit.

Faulty Draytek Vigor 130 came back today and seemed they have fixed the issue, only time will tell.

Connected it to my RT-AC86U, will monitor for a while for drop outs. Fingers crossed.

BB2 back in its box as standby.

Merry Xmas and happy new year for everyone in the community

Jonsey

😎😎😎