cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Year old 4GEE wifi mini stopped working.

SALSTE1
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No signs of life whatsoever. Working yesterday AM, return from work at 10PM it's dead. Tried restarting, everything but nothing happens. Desperately needed device battery dead maybe. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting me know @SALSTE1

I hope this is all sorted soon for you.

Yes, if your SIM card is the same size you can use your old SIM 🙂

Enjoy your new phone.

Leanne.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Is it on contract or PAYG?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
SALSTE1
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Contract. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
SALSTE1
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
  • I called 150 and had some great help. Device is still dead but I'm taking it into the EE store in Aberystwyth tomorrow to hopefully get a loan device while mine is fixed. Replacement might be easier. 🤔
Leanne_T

Thanks for the update @SALSTE1

Let us know how you get on with the replacement device 🙂

Leanne.

SALSTE1
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Morning all. I was told by an EE advisor yesterday that the store would be open today to collect a replacement wifi device, My EE says it's closed until tomorrow, any help please before I get in the car!.

SALSTE1
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Turns out the store might not be open. It's an hour drive, was the advice right or the My EE  page which said closed until tomorrow. 🤔

Leanne_T

Hi @SALSTE1

We're expecting to reopen our retail stores in Wales from November 9th when the national lockdown ends.

Some shops might be affected by local restrictions. You can check if a particular shop is open using our store finder.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

SALSTE1
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Looking like I might be out of luck with Aberystwyth, opening tomorrow by the looks of things, sure I can survive another 24 hours without the device. Still weird why the device packed up!.

Leanne_T

Hi @SALSTE1

If you get in touch with our Tech Gurus they can look into other options for getting the device repaired for you 🙂

Leanne.