cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Xperia 5 ii microphone

Jameskemp
Investigator
Investigator

Good afternoon,

I purchased into a new contract with a Sony Xperia 5 ii in February but have been having intermittent issues when making and receiving calls, I can hear others perfectly but they cannot hear me.

I have used the built in diagnostic tool and the microphone works fine, it also advised to restart the phone which fixes the issue for about 5 minutes when it returns again.

This fault is now permanent unless you restart the phone all the time, I found on another forum this may be a sim card issue?

Can anyone help???

15 REPLIES 15
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jameskemp

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

Does this happen in more than one area? 

Are you able to try the SIM in another phone to see if the same happens? This would help us to know if the SIM is causing the sound problems or your phone. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

I don't have another phone to try unfortunately, this occurs wether I'm at home or out and about, I did think it was due to WiFi so I tried this on and off as well as turning WiFi calling on and off which made no difference

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to me @Jameskemp

In this case, please get in touch with our Tech Gurus on 150, they can run through some troubleshooting with you. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

My wife and I have exactly the same issue. Whenever we want to make or receive a call via the stock phone app (so not via WhatsApp) the person on the other end of the call can't hear us. We have both got Sony Xperia 5 ii and have had this issue since we got the phone in March. Only work around is to restart before making a call (doesn't help when receiving as you don't know when a call is going to come through). It worries me because if I have to make an emergency call I would have to restart the phone first which puts a big delay in an emergency.

It's really bad that the phone struggles to do its basic function of being a phone. I can guess it's not an issue which other Xperia 5 ii users don't have to deal with judging from the amount of places I've seen this question asked and no-one seems to have a proper solution for it other than a restart

Any help would be gratefully received

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @grahamotter.

Welcome to the community.

Are both phones on the latest software version?

Have you tried factory resetting the phones?

Jon

HI,

I am having exactly the same issues. Occasionally when I make or receive calls the person on the other end cannot hear me. This persists until I restart the handset. I have reset my phone phone but still persists and my device is running the latest firmware. Any help would be appreciated as this is becoming frustrating. As an officer in the fire service I often have to make urgent emergency calls and can't afford to be restarting my handset every time.

Liam 

James_B

Hi @Liambiddulph,

Do you only have this issue in one location or everywhere?

James

Hi,

This happens in multiple locations. It doesn't happen all of the time but enough to cause significant inconvenience. I have disabled WiFi calling as it seems to cause more problems.

Cheers 

Liam

Katie_B

Hi @Liambiddulph

Since turning off Wi-Fi Calling has this improved the issue with your microphone?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂