cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Will EE let us upgrade to iPhone 13 early this year ?

Alana85
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Like a lot of people on here I upgrade my iPhone every year, however with Apple delaying the 2020 release by 2/3 months (depending on the model you got) it has put my annual upgrade out of sync

so I usually get the pro max iPhone every September but last year it was around December by the time it was released. 

now this year it looks like it will be back to a September release I’m wondering if EE are likely to waive the early upgrade fee to allow us to get our new iPhones at release like we usually do. 

with it looking like it will be an S kind of upgrade for the iPhone this year if we have to wait until December it may be worth skipping this upgrade year and waiting for what will likely be a more significant upgrade with the iPhone 14 next September 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alana85  You’ll have to wait and find out.   It’s also worth noting that this had nothing to do with EE (Your contract states when you are eligible and you agreed to that ) 

Apple chose to do a split release 

The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will be released on 23rd October.The iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max were slightly later, from 6th November.    so not 2-3 months at all it was weeks. It was because Apple couldn’t build them quick enough because of the high demand.   

Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I would probably recommend leaving it until next year, you'll save a bit of money by doing so and next years phone will be the big upgrade

Alana85
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m aware of the reasons behind last years delay and I’m also aware these were not EE’s fault and I’m also aware of what is stated in the contract…..none of these points relate to what I was asking 

my question was whether EE may waive the early upgrade fee to all many of us to get back on the September upgrade cycle 

starks2221
Investigator
Investigator

Do will we have to pay to upgrade to the iPhone 13

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @starks2221

Thanks for coming to the community. 

You can text 'UP' to 150 to find out when you can upgrade. Alternatively, log in to My EE to check your upgrade details. 

If you are not ready to upgrade a fee will appear within your My EE. 

Katie 🙂