cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Where is my phone? (Please stop using DPD)

EKMW
Contributor
Contributor

Hi EE - after huge amounts of frustration over the past week with yourselves and DPD , I STILL don't have my phone. Firstly it was sent to the wrong place (despite my having updated my address several times online and somehow this was never saved or updated?) - anyway, apparently now my phone is in the correct city, but DPD seem incapable of giving it to a driver to deliver it. I even offered to pick it up myelf from the depot, but apparently this is also impossible for them to organise. I keep recieving notifications on my old phone that I'm now on my new contract (so I'm presumably now paying this higher rate, despite STILL not having my handset). EE - this has been the worst customer experience EVER. The staff at EE and DPD are always seemingly very cheerful and promise lots of things, but sadly it's just words and the promises never appear to come true. I'm really sick of it. I really don't want to leave EE, but this has just been/continues to be awful. Running out of words to express just how frustrated I am. Maybe I will finish with some advice: PLEASE STOP USING DPD and a question: WHEN CAN I HAVE MY HANDSET?! - oh and can I have some compensation for the inconvenience? It's causing quite a lot of disruption in my work life - you know, waiting for deliveries that never arrive, being on holh for hours etc...

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@EKMW  Customer forum not customer services. No point in demanding answers here about your upgrade you have to speak with customer services.  

Hi there. Yeah, I have tried all that. This forum seems to be the only place I can get a response from EE. Have been emailing them directly, on hold on the phone for ages etc... 

@EKMW. Emailing who ?  There is no EE customer service email address.  If DOD have your device you need to contact them.   When you call customer services just select upgrade as the option to speak with EE customer services. 

Chris, do you work for EE - are you able to help me? I was emailed personally by a member of EE staff and was able to reply. Thanks for your concern.

The problem is with both EE and DPD - I am paying for a device which I don't have (asking for a refund for this period) and EE need to know that DPD are rubbish and should be avoided. I don't care how this info gets to someone at EE.

Leaving this thread as of now until someone at EE responds.

Thanks.

Hi @EKMW and welcome to the community.

What is the status of parcel shown on the DPD app or Website?

Many thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee.

I actually ended up going all the way to the depot to pick it up myself after work as I wasnt getting anywhere with DPD on the phone or their app. I now have the phone, but annoyingly EE failed to stick a sim card in the package, so I have been advised by another EE colleague to use the one from my old phone (good job it fits!). Rather a lkt of headache and messing around between EE and DPD over the last week. Lota of time wasted on hold, on phonecalls and then making a trip across town to the depot. Not really tje experience I wanted, but hey, seems common and at least I have the handset now. I wIll think twice about upgrading with EE next time after all of the messing around with errors and then DPDs incompetence. To end on a positive note, EE staff are always friendly and cheerful.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EKMW,

I'm sorry you didn't have a great delivery experience but I'm happy to hear you were able to pick up your new phone.

Thanks for upgrading with EE. Smiley Happy

James