cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

What does it all mean?

TechnophobeBSc
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have a PAYG EE sim card which for £10 is supposed to give 100 minutes and 1,000 texts. Sounds great but I've discovered why I run out of credit so quickly; it's because calls cost 35p per minute and texts are 15p. So can anyone explain where these 100 minutes and 1,000 texts are to be found.

11 REPLIES 11
TechnophobeBSc
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

My PAYG sim is supposed to give me 100 minutes and 1,000 texts. What does that mean because I find that I am being charged 35p per minute or part thereof and 15p per text.

Hi @TechnophobeBSc.

Could you text the word Balance to 150 and let us know what you get back?

Jon

I could text balance and I could log on my pc and look at my balance but it doesn't explain why I don't get 100 minutes or 1,000 texts. 100 minutes @30p is £30 and 1,000 texts @15p is £150

Hi @TechnophobeBSc.

Could you either send the text or log into your account and let us know what your balance and allowances are?

This will help to determine of the pack is active or not.

Jon

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TechnophobeBSc  They only cost you if you’re calling/texting premium rate numbers.  Or you are not using packs,  If you have an allowance then you can call/text using that allowance.    If you’re being charged for calls/texts are you sure you are using packs ? 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TechnophobeBSc : Did you pay £10 to buy that SIM or was it free? If it was free, have you topped it up with £10?

What does texting AL to 150 from it fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

As I recall, the sim cost 99p and I've been adding £10 to it after a couple of calls.

I shall have to investigate packs as I doubt if I have one whatever it is.

TechnophobeBSc
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you having to pay 35p per minute and 15p per text like I have to? It's an expensive proposition when you're listening to a recorded message for 10 minutes telling you how important your call is to us! I'd love to know how to get the 100 minutes and 1,000 texts for £10 like it says on the pack.