cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upvote for 60071 landline fault reporting

DaveDr
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to comment positively on the speed and convenience of being able to simply send a text message, have tests carried out on the landline remotely, with useful text message feedback at every step, and have OpenReach teams arrive promptly to fix things. 

On the first occasion a new overhead line and master socket were installed to replace antiquated equipment. (Hint to readers: you may need to ignore the EE text message that says that you do not be at home for the engineer. This is often wrong - according to the engineer.)

On the second occasion something in the cabinet dropped off. This was fixed within hours of the team being assigned. The team even popped by to make sure everything was okay.

This was excellent!

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Fine when you have a phone no. for your landline. Not all Fibre users do.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Funnily enough, the broadband service was not affected by this landline fault. I have a FTTC (not FTTP) service.

The only time there was no internet was the hour or two when the overhead (copper) cable was being replaced and similarly when the guy was retightening the nuts in the local cabinet.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thank you @DaveDr for taking the time to post about your experience 🙂

I hope you have a lovely day. 

Leanne.