cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unlimited family sharing sim only

Joncl1
Investigator
Investigator

Recently upgraded my son to u limited data and also got another 3 sims on as family sharing noticed this month he only has 70gb to share between the 3 other sims but says on EE should be 100gb any suggestions before I phone 

Thanks Jon 

5 REPLIES 5
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

You can only gift the first 100GB

So your son has used up 30GB already.

E.G

1st - Your allowance is reset and your son on a Unlimited plan can gift 100GB

1st to 10th - Your son uses 10GB and you haven't gifted anything yet. This has taken 10GB from your giftable allowance meaning you only have 90GB left.

It is always good to gift the data at the beginning of the month that is how you are able to gift the full giftable allowance

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Many Thanks that’s crazy idea but totally understand now Thanks again 

Good to be able to assist,

It isn't that crazy because think about it if they just allowed people to gift unlimited to everyone on their plans then people would then choose the cheapest plans for loads and 1 unlimited plan and then just gift loads to the others. This wouldn't be a good business model for EE who are there to make money at the end of the day.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Yes I understand that but taking it

Off the allocated 100gb isn’t that good but

now I know I will set reminder to do it every month Thanks for very quick response 

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Joncl1   It’s the first 100Gb of the unlimited data allowance. Use it before you gift it and you have less to gift.  When you think about it it’s very generous amount of data that you can gift.