cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unknown additional bill charge

Blossomdance80
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve just noticed a £5.15 monthly charge in addition to my expected mo they payment on my bill but for a mobile number I don’t recognise. Embarrassing guy looking back over recent bills this charge appears every month so I should have noticed by now but as it’s always working a ballpark figure I’ve not gone into the granular detail before - any ideas what this addition £5.15 could be for? TIA.

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @Blossomdance80 

Welcome to the EE community

Can you try searching for this number in the third party services search tool - does this give details of who the charge could relate to?

Is it a 5-digit shortcode or an 11-digit mobile number?

Hi Bristolian,

thanks for suggestion but the number isn’t recognised under 3rd party search.

It’s an 11 digit mobile number; just not what I recognise as mine! I really should have noticed before now as looking back, it appears every month 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Blossomdance80

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Is this number an additional contract on your account? 

Do you have two numbers and plans showing on your bill? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T 

Yes, it seems to be - the bill shows 2 mobile numbers on the one bill & plan.

The main tariff associated with my

mobile number & then this additional mobile number with the £5.15 charge next to it (The second mobile number I don’t recognise at all) the only info I can see when I click into that number is a 1GB data unused each month. 

I'm happy to call EE to check it out but I’m away at the mo (hence having the time to look closer at the bill breakdown) so thought I’d ask on here in case I was missing something obvious ☺️

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Blossomdance80

If there is a second number on your bill you do have two contracts with us, to get this looked into in more detail I would suggest getting in touch with our Mobile Care team when you can. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne

Thank you so much @Leanne_T I’ll do that as soon as I’m home; really appreciate your help, thank you ☺️