cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unable to contact EE

S4r
Investigator
Investigator

I am attempting to upgrade my device but have not had any luck, the website is shockingly slow and the live chat is disabled, the SMS service is not available and cannot get through to anyone to speak to. Got as far as paying for the upfront cost and confirming the new DD then nothing. 

does anyone know how you can check if an upgrade has gone through? I can’t find anything on the app or on the website to check my account. 

any help would be appreciated 

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@S4r  Live chat is not disabled and is available via your online EE account but you need to wait until an agent is free to chat, to call customer services you need to be patient as they are dealing with lots of calls because of the current situation just don’t hang up when you call. 

Thank you for your reply. My app says live chat “is Currently unavailable You can use our SMS Messaging Service to discuss your Upgrade Options, just click here” , I click to send a message and it takes me back to the unavailable message after the SMS page loads. It has displayed this message since Monday. 

I have also attempted to call throughout the day for the past couple of days and had no luck,

I am a very patient person and have not hung up straight away, unfortunately when on hold for 30 mins or more I do have to eventually hang up. 

I will give it a couple days to see if the upfront cost has been taken from my account. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @S4r,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you have had problems completing your upgrade online.

Have you received a confirmation email regarding your order?

Thanks

James

Hi @James_B

Thank you for your reply and welcoming message. 

No I haven’t received a confirmation email, does this mean it didn’t go through? 

James_B

Hi @S4r,

I would have expected you to have received an email by now if your order had been successful.

Are you able to try again using a different web browser?

Thanks

James

Hi @James_B 

i have just tried again and the phone and plan I was going to upgrade to has changed. The monthly cost is the same but the upfront cost has increased by half. Wish I could send you the picture of the deal last night to what it has changed to today but don’t know how on here. 

my contract ends on 29th June, I think I may look elsewhere. 

can you please tell me how I can ensure the contract ends on 29th June so I don’t have payments taken from my account? 

thank you 

James_B

Hi @S4r,

I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Care and speaking to our upgrades team. They'll double check that offer for you.

If you chose to move to another network, just text PAC to 65075.

After you request a PAC, we'll send you a text message straightaway with your PAC. This text will also contain Switching Information and a link to your online account.

Our Switching Information will provide you with details on what charges you'll have to pay if you're terminating your contract with us before your minimum term ends.

Hope this helps.

James

Thank you for your help @James_B 

BBB10
Explorer

It appears EE are having major issues. I have a new phone with SIM card inserted, yet it’s indicating I don’t have a SIM card. Also lines are down regarding calling them