cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Transferred number from Vodafone but Vodafone phone also still working

Rachelw1991
Contributor
Contributor

I have moved from Vodafone to EE, entered my pac number yesterday, this morning around 10am my EE sim was working with my transferred number on, I can call and text from it. however I’m not receiving any security text messages to EE (the ones you get to set up accounts etc) these are still going to my old Vodafone sim. Vodafone also called me... it rang on the Vodafone sim not my EE sim. The Vodafone sim is still working, has signal and I can phone and text from this. So both SIM cards are using the same number which is odd. What should I do or is this normal while transferring a number across? 

17 REPLIES 17
Phil891212
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Rachelw1991 

did your account finally closed ? 

@Phil891212 

nope, my Vodafone sim still has signal and as of 8am this morning my Vodafone account was still active from their side and I can still make outgoing calls from there. But all incoming traffic is coming to my EE account. finally spoke to someone this afternoon who has said my account has updated to say my number is now inactive on my Vodafone account when they look at it (even though it still has signal) so now I’m just waiting for them to actually cancel my contract and send through a final bill. Just have to wait and hope that it happens!

This still isn’t sorted 😕 EE are saying it has nothing to do with them... which is probably right. Vodafone told me my number was showing as inactive, yet still has signal and I can make calls from there and browse the Internet?! They then told me to just wait for my final bill with no confirmation that my contract had actually been cancelled so I could wait until 1st of next month and find my contract hasn’t actually been cancelled like it should have been?! Madness. I don’t understand why they can’t just cancel my contract?

any else had this problem?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rachelw1991

I am sorry to hear this is happening. 

Have you been advised of the next steps?

Can our customer care team see the number port has begun?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

The port is completed as I can use my EE sim as normal. Vodafone have just confirmed my contract is cancelled and the number is inactive from their side... but I can still use the Vodafone sim to make calls and data 🤷🏻‍♀️ It makes no sense but at least I have the confirmation that my old contract is cancelled that’s all I needed.

They said to get EE porting team to contact Vodafone porting team and make sure all files have been copied over successfully as this would stop the Vodafone sim working? I don’t want to have to sit on the phone again about this so would appreciate it if you could raise this issue with the team and see if every is correct. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Rachelw1991.

I'm glad to hear your old contract has been confirmed as cancelled.

Were they able to give any indication why you still have a signal?

Have you tried restarting the phone?

We are unable to access your account on the community.

Jon

Yeah the phone is switched off most of the time. I only restarted yesterday to see if there was still signal, which there was which prompted me to ring Vodafone again to confirm my contract was cancelled and it is. 

Their porting team suggested EE should make sure they have copied all files across when it’s switched over 🤷🏻‍♀️   

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Rachelw1991.

To get this checked you would need to get back in touch with our Customer Care team I'm afraid.

They will be able to check the status of your port.

Jon