cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sim Card Saga

JohnMR2015
Investigator
Investigator

On 13th November 2021, I ordered a new SIM card on-line, having purchased a phone in which the current sim would not fit. I receved an email acknowledgment of order saying it should be posted within 2 working days. When it had not arrived by 20th November, I went to a local EE shop, but they refused to deal with the matter because I do not have a passport and only a paper driving licence. I then called customer services, and after waiting forever to speak to a human being, I was told that there is no record of my having placed the order at all. CS were unable to explain how I had been sent an acknowledgment for an order which they claimed had not been placed. They then said that they would get a new sim card sent to me by DPD which would be delivered on Sunday 21st November. They also gave me an order reference number which the on-line tracking system does not recognise as a valid order number. The sim card was not delivered on Sunday.

I called CS later on Sunday and was assured that the card would be delivered on that day, or the following at the latest. I was given another (different) order number. The card did not arrive on Monday. I then called CS again and was told that sim cards are not dispatched by DPD but are sent by second class post and that it was dispatched on the Monday and I should receive it Tuesday.

Just after midnight (very early on Tuesday) the phone suddenly went to "No Service". This applies with the existing sim card in this phone - and in another, and a payg sim card with another operator works in both phones. The network search on both phones shows EE 2G, 3G and 4G.

So first thing Tuesday morning, I have a new phone I cannot use, the local EE shop refuse to deal with this, I am waiting for a new sim card, and the service appears to be cut off.

I wonder if this is the time to go to a different provider?

1 REPLY 1
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @JohnMR2015 

If your current SIM went into no service mode it means your new SIM is dispatched. You cannot have two Sims active on the same number. You should now receive your SIM any day now. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.