cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung wireless charger not working

Hendax1
Investigator
Investigator

I received my Samsung Galaxy s21 today along with the Samsung wireless charger I ordered  at the same time. I've plugged the charger in and it flashes orange. I can't find on the Samsung site what this means, as they just reference red and green lights. I changed it to a different plug, and now it has now light at all. It will not charge my phone in either location though. I'm not sure if this is the charger at fault?

7 REPLIES 7
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is your phone centred on the charger properly?  They won't charge if a bit off centre.

Ideally you need to either try a different compatible phone on your charger or try your phone on a separate charger to establish which is at fault.

Thank you. I've not even got as far as being able to charge a phone (it doesnt work wherever I place it though). The charger itself doesn't seem to be working, just flashing orange or no light at all... 

Do you have a phone case on the phone, if so remove it.

The Charging Coil on the back of the phone is about half way down between the lower Camera part to the bottom of the phone, so the idea is you place the back of the phone on the charger without the camera area getting in the way.

Try turning the phone clockwise every 90 degrees it can sometimes take a while for it to all happen sometimes up to 10 seconds so try in different positions then wait, the Samsung should light up the screen when it's on Wireless charge.

Thanks, I've tried that but still nothing (no, there is no case on the phone). However, as I said before, there is no light on the charger itself, not the phone, as though the charger isnt working. The Samsung site states it should have a green or blue light. I'm trying to work out what a flashing orange light indicates. 

Hi @Hendax1 ,

A quick search suggests blinking orange or yellow may indicate it is underpowered. Is there any chance that might be the case and there's a higher powered, compatible adapter anywhere to supply more power?

The Ampere app may be useful to monitor the state of the battery during charging and it may be discharging at a slower than normal rate, or charging very slowly or not at all. Good luck!

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Thanks, yeah that was the only thing I could find, but I've tried it in several sockets with the plug/lead it came with, as well as with a different combos of plug/lead. Maybe I'll just contact EE and see if I can get a replacement 🤷‍♀️

I will try that Ampere app first though, thank you for that 🙂
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hendax1

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're having some problems with your charger.

If it still isn't working, I'd definitely recommend speaking to our Tech Support team on 150.

Chris