cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Finally, I've moved my pre-order to a black 128Gb. I'd rather have a smaller version and play with it for a few months before the Note 20 and other phones arrive than staying upset by waiting for news.

The Best Camera phone is the one that you have in your pocket.

I know that I can deal with the smaller storage capacity, even if filming in 8K (film, then move footage to SD-card, then film some more, etc). Memory isn't an issue, I don't play games on mobile, so keeping apps in memory isn't a big plus for me.

rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I currently have a Samsung galaxy s9 plus, do I need to change the simcard size or will it still work for 5g? As if I need to update the simcard I will ask if they could send a sim card out as well as my phone when they will ring me? Any ideas?

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@rhiang1984 it's the same nano SIM so will go straight in 👍🏽

rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Dave1458 

Oh brilliant thanks 🙂

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Im currently using 100gb out of 512gb on the s10 plus i do occasionally have a few apps open 

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Having a few apps opened doesn't matter I think if  you're talking about social stuff, browsing, video or music, photos, etc. The process that uses so much memory is freezing the whole app in the memory, like pausing a game and being able to resume playing instantly even days later.

I understand that the 128Gb does 3 apps in memory against 5 for the 512.

Out of your 100Gb of files, how much of that can be moved to an sdcard?

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I would say about 20% of it 

Graeme2812
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Dave1458 @rhiang1984 I upgraded from an S9+ and when the new phone eventually arrived it came with a new SIM card. (I think all upgrades do as standard)

I stuck the old SIM Card in and it showed as 4G/3G/2G and at the same time stuck the new SIM Card it and it showed as 5G/4G/3G/2G. 

I seem to remember a SIM card upgrade was necessary when moving up 'G' techknowledgey years ago but i'm not sure if this new SIM card was required for 5G.

rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Graeme2812oh thanks, I definitely will ask when they ring me in regards to the delivery of the phone 🙂🤞🤞

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Graeme2812 when you upgraded to the s9 what phone did you have, what was the s9 replacing